gratitude etc. (was Apollo: One gas environment?)

Old May 15th 04, 03:13 AM
Peter Stickney

Mary Shafer writes:
On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:42:31 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:

...Guys, keep in mind that the sole reason US mainstream beer is
weaker than the rest of the world's brew supply has to do with federal
and state alcohol regulations that keep mass-consumption beer at their
currently FNW alcohol levels. Above a certain level they're required
to be sold in liquor stores under a more controlled environment, and
taxed differently. If beer had twice the alcohol it currently does, it
wouldn't be sold at the supermarket, and would probably cost three
times what it does now.

Why? My supermarket sells hard liquor, malt beverages, and beer; the
only difference is that the booze isn't in a cooler.

Up here in NH, Beer, Malt Liquors, and Wine are found in the local
Supermarkets & Convenience Stores. High Proof stuff is found at the
State Liquor Stores, who are the sole agents. This works out well -
we don't pay a separate State Tax, so we get a price break, and the
State buys in bulk, so we get a good discount.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old May 15th 04, 05:15 AM
Pat Flannery

Doug... wrote:

did we ever hear back
about the horrible results of the Tang/vodka experiment?

I'm positive I read a progress report on that most important experiment,
but for the life of me I can't remember how long ago.

Wasn't it something like flatulence followed by constipation?

Pat

Old May 15th 04, 06:11 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...So, when the Israeli Space Program finally makes a landing on the
8th planet of Beta Centauri, I assume Leviticus will be incorporated
into the Flight Operations Manual for EVA procedures? :-)

What are you going to do about something that has _both_ cloven and
uncloven hooves? And these on _its head_? ;-)

Pat

Old May 15th 04, 06:21 AM
Pat Flannery

Derek Lyons wrote:

She discovered Budweiser does attract slugs, but that Zima did not.

The conclusion is left as an exercise for the student.

And after drinking it the slugs increased in mass?

Pat

Old May 15th 04, 06:46 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2004 18:38:11 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Note that catfish fall under the probation also; they have no scales.

...Which should surprise some of my local Jewish friends because they
all go after catfish when they go fishing.

Well they had better have a peek at their Torah then; at least in the
english translation I have it specifically states that
"fins _and_ scales" are the determining factors (Lev. 11.9-11.13); which
means that eels, lampreys, and cetaceans are as flat out as falcons.
But I think I know what's going on here...they are catching these
catfish and then _weighing_ them... with a FISH SCALE!
This is very sneaky, and I doubt Moses would have approved... of course
Moses probably didn't see many catfish during those forty years in the
desert.... he must have seen an awful lot of swarming things though,
going by what it says in Leviticus. :-)

Pat

Old May 15th 04, 07:56 AM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Cicadas? You know they're arthropods, don't you? Akin to shrimp and
lobster, and not insects. In preparation for Brood X here, newspapers
are full of "interesting" recipes for the adventurous gourmand.

Later, the Leviticus text states (11.23) "But all other winged swarming
things that have four legs shall be an abomination for you." ....after
giving the green light to locusts, crickets, and grasshoppers as light
novelty snacks. Either something's getting lost in translation, or those
forty years in the desert didn't do anything for the Hebrew's powers of
observation.... :-\

Pat

Old May 15th 04, 08:19 AM
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:

And just where does Dr. Brown's "Cel-Ray" celery-flavored soda fit into the
kosher list?

Y-e-e-c-c-h-h.... I think that one's unclean until evening on general
principles....

Pat

Old May 15th 04, 08:25 AM
Pat Flannery

Peter Stickney wrote:

ITYM Llama for Peru, and Lama for Tibet, as in "The One-L Lama, he's a
Priest, the Two-L Llama, he's a Beast..."
But then again either/or both may have been on vacation/

According to a Hassidic Rabbi that I worked with, the Lama would,
indeed, be Kosher, under the proper circumstances.

If I'm reading you correctly, the Rabbi just endorsed cannibalism.
This sounds more Roman Catholic than Jewish.

Pat

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM