How to get increased image size on Meade LX200GPS 10"

Old August 4th 03, 08:36 PM
Jeroen Smaal

Default How to get increased image size on Meade LX200GPS 10"

"Brandon Siegel" wrote in message
Since this seems to be the place to go for questions...

I've got a Meade LX200GPS 10" (Schmidt-Cassegrain) and a set of
eyepieces all the way down to 6.4 focal length. However, even looking at
the spectacular Mars, the images aren't nearly as large as I've seen,
even from smaller telescopes. Now I don't know all the ins and outs of
using this scope yet, but what would you suggest to increase the
magnification even more? I understand that there aren't too many lenses
with more magnification than my 6.4.

--Brandon Siegel
... We don't need no cheap taglines!

One simple answer: get a Barlow lens. This will increase the focal length of
your telescope by a factor 2 or 3(depending on the model), increasing the
magnification of the inserted eyepiece by that factor. They are priced
comparably to eyepieces.

BTW, sci.astro.amateur is a better place to ask questions about amateur
astronomy and observing.

Jeroen.