New dob! but it's raining

Old July 30th 03, 02:29 PM
Don Baker

Default New dob! but it's raining

New 8" scope = 8 cloudy nights (at least)
1 new Telrad = 2 rainy days (nights)

Sorry, it's a formula I discovered when I bought the 12½" quite a while
back.

You'll have fun with the 8".

Wishing you clear skies, and good luck.
--

Don Baker
Go 18, 5 & 14....(also 8, 40, & 30)

"waciuk" wrote in message
Lurk mode off

Hi all

After 5 years of observing with a 4 1/2" GEM newtonian, I picked up my
8" dob with a telrad finder today. I am so excited. In two weeks I will
be under very dark skies with this beauty, but tonight its raining
(isn't that always the way with new toys).

I am looking forward to some great views of Mars...

Damn this rain...sigh. Hopefully tomorrow night is clear.

cheers
vince

Old July 30th 03, 05:21 PM
BenignVanilla

"Marcel Kanon" wrote in message
Nope, me to, i also bought a dob 8" last week :S

snip

Would you all mind STOP buying new scopes. I'd like to use my new scope,
more then 4 times this summer.

BV.

Old August 3rd 03, 11:14 PM
Chuck Taylor

"waciuk" wrote in message
I picked up my
8" dob with a telrad finder today. snip but tonight its raining

Talk about repeating yourself!

;-) Congrats on the new scope!

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor