identify Apollo photo?

Old February 17th 09, 03:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

Default identify Apollo photo?

Can anyone identify the photo number of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_16_LM.jpg photo? It is said
to be from Apollo 16, but I can't find it on my Lunar Surface Journal
DVD under Apollo 16.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old February 17th 09, 06:53 AM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

From Jud McCranie:
Can anyone identify the photo number of thishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_16_LM.jpgphoto? *It is said
to be from Apollo 16, but I can't find it on my Lunar Surface Journal
DVD under Apollo 16.

Hey Jud, long time. If at a minimum you'd like to verify the mission,
I'd suggest matching the bend of the landing-feeler probes to other
photos. I doubt that those were ever moved during EVAs.

~ CT

Old February 17th 09, 04:13 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:53:06 -0800 (PST), Stuf4
wrote:

Hey Jud, long time. If at a minimum you'd like to verify the mission,
I'd suggest matching the bend of the landing-feeler probes to other
photos. I doubt that those were ever moved during EVAs.

I'm trying to find the photo number, such as AS16-xxx-yyyy. But I
can't find it among the A16 photos. I looked through them twice and
didn't spot it.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old February 17th 09, 04:29 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:09:15 -0500, Jud McCranie
wrote:

Can anyone identify the photo number of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_16_LM.jpg photo? It is said
to be from Apollo 16, but I can't find it on my Lunar Surface Journal
DVD under Apollo 16.

I've now looked through the A16 photos three times, and the only ones
I can find of the front of the LM are AS16-117-18814, 15, and 16, and
they are all from a much longer distance.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old February 17th 09, 04:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
John[_3_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ap...6_LM.jpgphoto? *It is said
to be from Apollo 16, but I can't find it on my Lunar Surface Journal
DVD under Apollo 16.

I've now looked through the A16 photos three times, and the only ones
I can find of the front of the LM are AS16-117-18814, 15, and 16, and
they are all from a much longer distance.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud,

16 had a LRV and I was wondering if anyone knew if LM's with an LRV
had any distinguishing marks or characteristics? Perhaps the picture
was taken very early in the first EVA before LRV deployment, but I
would have expected to see a large empty area on the right side of the
descent module as you face it where the rover would have been stowed.

Take care . . .

John
Old February 17th 09, 05:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Feb 16, 10:09 pm, Jud McCranie
wrote:
Can anyone identify the photo number of thishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_16_LM.jpgphoto? It is said
to be from Apollo 16, but I can't find it on my Lunar Surface Journal
DVD under Apollo 16.

The image isn't there, now. I got this message:

File:Apollo 16 LM.jpgphoto
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
No file by this name exists; you can upload one. For more information,
please see the file's log (Commons log).
Old February 17th 09, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:40:32 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

The image isn't there, now. I got this message:

File:Apollo 16 LM.jpgphoto

Looks like you have lost the space after "jpg", try:
Old February 17th 09, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:29:36 -0500, Jud McCranie
wrote:

I've now looked through the A16 photos three times,

It doesn't seem to be A15 either.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old February 17th 09, 06:17 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rick Jones[_3_]

Jud McCranie wrote:
I've now looked through the A16 photos three times, and the only
ones I can find of the front of the LM are AS16-117-18814, 15, and
16, and they are all from a much longer distance.

What is the "normal" number of cross-hatches (?) in an Apollo photo? I
ask because it looks like the four across by maybe three down do not
appear to be "centered" in the image. That makes me wonder if perhaps
someone zoomed-in an image to get the one you see on wikipedia?

I'm not sure if Wikipedia provides a contact mechanism, but if there
is one, perhaps "Rubenbarton" the original uploader can shed some
light on the question? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Reubenbarton

rick jones
- Rick Jones
Old February 17th 09, 06:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:17:33 +0000 (UTC), Rick Jones
wrote:

What is the "normal" number of cross-hatches (?) in an Apollo photo? I
ask because it looks like the four across by maybe three down do not
appear to be "centered" in the image. That makes me wonder if perhaps
someone zoomed-in an image to get the one you see on wikipedia?

It has been cropped some, but not as much as AS16-117-18814, etc.
would require
--
Replace you know what by j to email