astronomy OR sky & telescope

Old August 4th 03, 08:57 PM
David Knisely

Default astronomy OR sky & telescope

Hi there. You posted:

which magazine would be best suited for a middle aged beginner looking to
learn? given my time, $ and location limitations, i know a magazine is probably
the only place i'll be seeing many the wonders of the universe. which one has
better photography? which one has the larger subscriber base? thanks for any
input.

Either would work. Sky and Telescope is the older and probably the more
accurate of the two (also a little more expensive). I stopped taking
Astronomy years ago because it provided nothing that Sky and Tel didn't, and
Astronomy kept making irritating errors or inaccuracies in its articles. Many
Astronomy clubs offer discounts on both magazines, so you might find your
nearest club. Clear skies to you.
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 27-Aug. 1st, 2003, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *

Old August 4th 03, 09:43 PM
Starlord

I live in the small town of Rosamond CA, and I get Astronomy magazine from the
local super market news stand, once in a blue moon I'm able to catch a ride to
wal mart down in lancaster, and there I pick up Sky & Tel. so you could say I
use BOTH of them.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"PrincePete01" wrote in message
which magazine would be best suited for a middle aged beginner looking to
learn? given my time, $ and location limitations, i know a magazine is

probably
the only place i'll be seeing many the wonders of the universe. which one has
better photography? which one has the larger subscriber base? thanks for any
input.

peter