BBC Radio 4 programme about Apollo 8

Old May 27th 05, 12:04 PM

Default BBC Radio 4 programme about Apollo 8

On Monday 30th May, at 8pm BST, BBC Radio 4 will broadcast episode
three of 'The Things We Forgot to Remember'. This deals with the Apollo
8 mission, and features (among other people) Jim Lovell and David
Scott.

Pretty much all of the proposal and blocking-out stage of this
programme came from stuff that I read on sci.space.history over the
years. Ta to you all.

Now, if only I'd tried to abuse my position as academic consultant to
the series, _I_ could have got to go to the Science Museum and lean
through the hatch of Charlie Brown with David Scott. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Chris Williams

Old May 27th 05, 05:47 PM
Neil Gerace

Congratulations Chris!

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
On 27 May 2005 04:04:17 -0700, wrote:

...We expect full credits to be aired on the show. You can either take
the long route - name all of us - or just name Jim Oberg. As since
we're all Jim Oberg, this may be the more efficient route.

This being Radio 4, which IIRC gave the world Douglas Adams (and vice
versa), how about "Jim Oberg ^ 42"?

Old May 27th 05, 09:51 PM
Jim Oberg

"Neil Gerace" wrote in
This being Radio 4, which IIRC gave the world Douglas Adams (and vice
versa), how about "Jim Oberg ^ 42"?

BBC already has me 42 times in their rolladex,
judging from the 24/7/365 calls I get for space interviews....

Old May 28th 05, 03:15 AM
Scott Hedrick

Just found this little tidbit.

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=bob%20mos...on;nm=on;mx=20

Old May 28th 05, 05:01 AM
Rocky Top

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Monday 30th May, at 8pm BST, BBC Radio 4 will broadcast episode
three of 'The Things We Forgot to Remember'. This deals with the Apollo
8 mission, and features (among other people) Jim Lovell and David
Scott.

Pretty much all of the proposal and blocking-out stage of this
programme came from stuff that I read on sci.space.history over the
years. Ta to you all.

Now, if only I'd tried to abuse my position as academic consultant to
the series, _I_ could have got to go to the Science Museum and lean
through the hatch of Charlie Brown with David Scott. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Chris Williams

Cool! Live streaming of BBC Radio 4 is available at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4.shtml?listen

Old May 28th 05, 08:41 AM
OM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:51:46 GMT, "Jim Oberg"
wrote:

BBC already has me 42 times in their rolladex,
judging from the 24/7/365 calls I get for space interviews....

....Ok, fine. Since we're all Jim Oberg, we'll split the difference
this time. As *most* of us are also Henry Spencer, just use his name
in the credits.

Unless, of course, "OM^666" works better...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 28th 05, 08:55 AM
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:

Just found this little tidbit.

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=bob%20mos...on;nm=on;mx=20

What's fun about OM is that those who run into his postings today don't
realize that he's actually mellowed out a great deal from his first
newspostings from years ago.
Like Godzilla, he's transmuted from an Uncontrollable Annihilating Force
into a Protecting Monster that nothing evil may challenge without fear
for its existence.

Pat
Old May 28th 05, 10:18 PM
Rupert Goodwins

On Sat, 28 May 2005 04:01:40 GMT, "Rocky Top"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Monday 30th May, at 8pm BST, BBC Radio 4 will broadcast episode
three of 'The Things We Forgot to Remember'. This deals with the Apollo
8 mission, and features (among other people) Jim Lovell and David
Scott.

Pretty much all of the proposal and blocking-out stage of this
programme came from stuff that I read on sci.space.history over the
years. Ta to you all.

Now, if only I'd tried to abuse my position as academic consultant to
the series, _I_ could have got to go to the Science Museum and lean
through the hatch of Charlie Brown with David Scott. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Chris Williams

Cool! Live streaming of BBC Radio 4 is available at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4.shtml?listen

It'll also be available on demand for a week after transmission via a
link on this page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/

NASA PDF Mercury, Gemini, Apollo reports free online Rusty Barton History 81 October 3rd 04 05:33 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM