Saturn seasons

Old July 2nd 18, 11:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Saturn seasons

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 9:19:54 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

Do you know what else you could see from Saturn?

The phases of the Earth and the smaller orbital circumference which allows for that perspective just as Venus displays those orbital traits to us.

You would also see the stars transition from left to right of the Sun as Saturn orbits our central star just as we see the transition from the Earth for stars close to the orbital plane.

I am delighted that people do understand the new perspectives and I, as a Christian, am not put out by the lack of personal acknowledgement. Another Paul ,after which you are named, said what this total unselfishness means concisely -

"What have you that you have not received from God? and if you have received it, why do you glory as if you had not received it?"

Actually, I was named after an actor and comedian named Paul Desmond, who was a close friend and classmate of my father. Perhaps he was named after another Paul, but of this, I have no knowledge.

Yes, all fine and dandy, but you have not confirmed my earlier observation that from Saturn you would observe our moon rotating on its axis once for each of its revolutions around the Earth. It is the case, you know, no matter how much you want to deny it.
Old July 3rd 18, 07:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 11:23:48 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
[...]

The Christian Paul was a man who came to understand that the law is there to protect life but becomes a drag on individual existence when it attempts to be controlling. In this respect there are no empirical 'laws' which preface nature, physics, gravity ect other than the ones invented in the heads of those who would propose themselves before creation itself and fashion astronomy towards their own unworthy ends. Much like the Bible, astronomical history is largely untidy with insights emerging and then lost, different traditions at odds with each other and no clear path despite the tendency, in respect to the Bible, by either denominational Christianity and atheists forcing a narrative to suit moral laws or unbelief.

Yes, all fine and dandy, but you have not confirmed my earlier observation that from Saturn you would observe our moon rotating on its axis once for each of its revolutions around the Earth. It is the case, you know, no matter how much you want to deny it.

From Saturn an observer would see the Earth rotate in two distinct ways even when the planet's circle of illumination would intervene as the Earth's approached the orbit of Saturn at our relative closest points. With Uranus we have a clear and unambiguous view of these rotations in action due to the differences between daily axial inclination and the rotation parallel to the orbital plane of that planet along with its equatorial rings -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE&t=74s

With orbital periods in proportion of 4 degrees to one orbital circuit of the Earth around the Sun and a distance of roughly 1 980 000 000 miles there is no meaningful objection to the proposal of dual surface rotations leading to the conclusion that when daily rotation and all its effects are subtracted, a planet still turns one entire revolution to the Sun, turns parallel to the orbital plane and its period coincident with one orbital period given that the rotation is a function of orbital motion. The Earth does not have equatorial rings like Saturn or Uranus but the graphic is useful in demonstrating the same orbital rotation when allied with polar points -

http://afewbitsmore.com/img/2015_ecliptic.png

It is impossible to consider planetary climate for all planets in the solar system without emphasizing the relationship between the two rotations and specifically how axial inclination of daily rotation references off the rotation relative to the orbital plane.