"The Effects of Nuclear Weapons"

Old June 1st 04, 03:00 AM
Scott Hedrick

Default "The Effects of Nuclear Weapons"

I got a blast out of my copy.

Old June 3rd 04, 10:22 AM
Mike Chan

Pat Flannery wrote in message ...
James Nicoll wrote:

Unless you have one like mine, which comes with the Nuclear
Effects circular slide rule in the back pocket.

...and I assume you immediately did what I did; crank it all the way to
the top (20 megatons, IIRC) and set the burst height at zero to see just
how big of a crater you could make. What was that again? Around 400 feet
deep?

Pat

I don't know about the 400 feet, but, IIRC, there was a diagram on the
front showing scaling factors for shallow and deep sub-surface bursts
if cratering is what you fancy.