anyone know if this book is non-fiction?

Old December 8th 06, 08:18 PM posted to sci.astro
Sorcerer[_4_]

Default anyone know if this book is non-fiction?

"Lorrie Saboley" wrote in message ...
| My husband's birthday is right after Christmas and he collects signed books.
| Is this about Buzz Aldrin's trip back from the moon?
|
| http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170058818616

I haven't read it, but if your husband is a collection freak it could
be "Alice In Wonderland" on a postage stamp signed by
Charles Dodgson for all he'd care.

Old December 8th 06, 10:29 PM posted to sci.astro
Lorrie Saboley

Old December 9th 06, 04:46 PM posted to sci.astro
William Hamblen

On 2006-12-08, Lorrie Saboley wrote:
My husband's birthday is right after Christmas and he collects signed books.
Is this about Buzz Aldrin's trip back from the moon?

It is a science fiction book.

Bud
Old December 9th 06, 06:14 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Sorcerer[_4_]

"Amilius PhD ThD" wrote in message . theremailer.net...
| On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, "Lorrie Saboley" wrote:
| My husband's birthday is right after Christmas and he collects signed books.
| Is this about Buzz Aldrin's trip back from the moon?
| http://cgi...

| LOL!
What's ThD?

Old December 9th 06, 06:35 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Frank Glover[_1_]

Amilius PhD ThD wrote:

hoaxed. Men NEVER went to the Moon, because men have NEVER
achieved and survived sustained altitudes much above about
five or six hundred miles above Earth's sea level. Got it?
Remember, the Moon is almost a quarter million miles away--
that's *HALF A MILLION MILES ROUND TRIP*! Get the picture?

Right. We couldn't go that far, because...we've never gone that far.

That's what you're saying.

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page: http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get
out of it."
- Grace Slick
Old December 9th 06, 06:48 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Ioannis

"Sorcerer" wrote in message
. uk...

[snip]

What's ThD?

Doctor of Theology?

That's as valuable as having a Ph.D. in jewelry or baking.
--
Ioannis
-------

Old December 9th 06, 09:04 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Damon Hill[_2_]

Amilius PhD ThD wrote in
. theremailer.net:

"ThD" is the sound of you hitting the bottom of my killfile.

--Damon

Old December 9th 06, 09:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Sorcerer[_4_]

"Ioannis" wrote in message news:1165690122.667926@athnrd02...
| "Sorcerer" wrote in message
| . uk...
|
| [snip]
|
| What's ThD?
|
| Doctor of Theology?
|
| That's as valuable as having a Ph.D. in jewelry or baking.
| --
| Ioannis
| -------
| The best way to predict reality, is to know exactly what you DON'T want.

Shhh... I'm asking the ****head that thinks virgin-born Jesus can float away
on a cloud
http://biblia.com/christ/images/jesus-ascension21.jpg
after being nailed to a tree but doesn't think a Saturn V chariot of fire
http://tinyurl.com/y37yln
can loft three men and a moon buggy into Earth orbit and take a jaunt
around heaven from there, but first I want to establish his credentials.

Old December 9th 06, 09:51 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Scott Schuckert

In article , Sorcerer
wrote:

What's ThD?

Perhaps he means Doctor of Theology, but every reference I try comes up
with Total Harmonic Distortion, which is..... Oh, right - same thing.
Old December 9th 06, 10:34 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Bryan Olson

Amilius PhD ThD wrote:
[...]
Didn't Buzzy punch someone in the nose for asking him to swear
on the Holy Bible that he & his fellow B-rate actors *actually*
went all the way to the Moon & back

No, but at age 72 Aldrin punched Bart Sibrel for harassing
him and calling him a coward and a liar.

Sibrel pestered many astronauts, sometimes claiming that if
they swore on the Bible it would end the controversy. Some
wanted nothing to do with him. Others clearly stated that
they walked on the Moon, but declined to participate in his
Bible-swearing stunt. Eugene Cernan and Alan Bean did swear
on the Bible. Was Sibrel good to his word that doing so
would end his "controversy"?

You can see the video on Google Video, try "moon swear
bible" (without the quotes).

Particularly funny is watching what a worm Sibrel is when
Alan Bean insists on telling the truth. Bean agrees that
the video could be used as a video deposition, and will
swear "under penalty of perjury". Then Sibrel adds
"treason" and Bean objects: "treason has nothing to do
with it". Bean is right: "under penalty of treason" would
be false. He's entirely willing to swear in various ways
Sibrel suggest, but only to the truth. Sibrel keeps
demanding Bean swear "under penalty of treason" even
though Bean makes clear he believes it would be false.

--
--Bryan