Why Theoretical Physicists Are Silent Lately

Old September 16th 16, 09:39 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Why Theoretical Physicists Are Silent Lately

Theoretical physicists broke the silence to inform the world that they have failed completely:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20160...e-second-life/

David Gross: "After a certain point in the early ’90s, people gave up on trying to connect to the real world," Gross said. "The last 20 years have really been a great extension of theoretical tools, but very little progress on understanding what’s actually out there."

Robbert Dijkgraaf: "But now we have this big mess." "Things have gotten almost postmodern."

Nima Arkani-Hamed: "Every aspect of the idea that we understood quantum field theory turns out to be wrong."

Pentcho Valev
Old September 18th 16, 08:22 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Einsteiniana profiteers make confessions:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-to-the-cosmos
Brian Cox: "Take general relativity, for example. You have this model called space-time, which curves and warps in the presence of mass. Is space-time real? Is it a real thing? Is the universe really a fabric? I don’t know – but I do know the model works brilliantly."

Here is how it works brilliantly:

http://s8int.com/images9/eistein.jpg

Pentcho Valev