WHAT SHOULD CHANGE IN THEORETICAL PHYSICS

Old September 8th 08, 09:51 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default WHAT SHOULD CHANGE IN THEORETICAL PHYSICS

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/ind...ecture_id=3608
Edward Witten (defined in Einsteiniana as the greatest living
theoretical physicist): "But one key facet of our understanding of
physics has not changed much in almost a hundred years ... this is our
conception of spacetime, where we still use the ideas introduced by
Einstein ... he introduced us to a strange new world in which moving
bodies shrink, moving clocks slow down..."

This "strange world" in which the bug is both alive and dead should be
simply abandoned:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu.../bugrivet.html

Also, Einsteinians should stop teaching future presidents how to trap
a long train inside a short tunnel:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nNgzqpKZwhE&feature=iv
Professor Richard A. Muller, University of California Berkeley
Physics for Future Presidents

Needless to say, Einsteinians should admit that they simply CANNOT
trap a 80m long train inside a 40m long barn:

http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/ph...barn_pole.html
"These are the props. You own a barn, 40m long, with automatic doors
at either end, that can be opened and closed simultaneously by a
switch. You also have a pole, 80m long, which of course won't fit in
the barn....So, as the pole passes through the barn, there is an
instant when it is completely within the barn. At that instant, you
close both doors simultaneously, with your switch. Of course, you open
them again pretty quickly, but at least momentarily you had the
contracted pole shut up in your barn."

And of course Einsteinians should admit that the so-called "twin
paradox" is just an idiocy that nobody, not even Divine Albert, can
explain in physical terms:

http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/dec252005/2009.pdf

All these miracles-idiocies are deduced from Einstein's 1905 false
light postulate, so obviously Einsteinians should abandon that
postulate first. Unfortunately this will create a theoretical black
hole that will then eat up the Earth:

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/B...0.html?sym=EXC
Joao Magueijo: "What Einstein realized was that if c did not change,
then something else had to give. That something was the idea of
universal and unchanging space and time. This is deeply, maddeningly
counterintuitive. In our everyday lives, space and time are perceived
as rigid and universal. Instead, Einstein conceived of space and time-
space-time-as a thing that could flex and change, expanding and
shrinking according to the relative motions of the observer and the
thing observed. The only aspect of the universe that didn't change was
the speed of light. And ever since, the constancy of the speed of
light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way
physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays,
to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply
not present in the vocabulary of physics. Hundreds of experiments have
verified this basic tenet, and the theory of relativity has become
central to our understanding of how the universe works."

Albert Einstein: "If the speed of light is the least bit affected by
the speed of the light source, then my whole theory of relativity and
theory of gravity is false."

http://www.ekkehard-friebe.de/wallace.htm
Bryan Wallace: "Einstein's special relativity theory with his second
postulate that the speed of light in space is constant is the linchpin
that holds the whole range of modern physics theories together.
Shatter this postulate, and modern physics becomes an elaborate
farce!"

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/ind...ecture_id=3576
John Stachel: "Einstein discussed the other side of the particle-field
dualism - get rid of fields and just have particles."
Albert Einstein: "I consider it entirely possible that physics cannot
be based upon the field concept, that is on continuous structures.
Then nothing will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the
theory of gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary
physics."
John Stachel's comment: "If I go down, everything goes down, ha ha,
hm, ha ha ha."

http://books.google.com/books?id=JokgnS1JtmMC
"Relativity and Its Roots" By Banesh Hoffmann
p.92: "There are various remarks to be made about this second
principle. For instance, if it is so obvious, how could it turn out to
be part of a revolution - especially when the first principle is also
a natural one? Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein
had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this
one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding
train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the
speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object
emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume
that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to
Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null
result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to
contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as
we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null
result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian
ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more
or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether. If it
was so obvious, though, why did he need to state it as a principle?
Because, having taken from the idea of light waves in the ether the
one aspect that he needed, he declared early in his paper, to quote
his own words, that "the introduction of a 'luminiferous ether' will
prove to be superfluous."

Pentcho Valev

Old September 8th 08, 03:58 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
maxwell

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/ind...ontent&task=vi....

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/B...42003619,00.ht...
[...]

Constructing any theory of physics, as Einstein did with SR, on a
mathematical ratio IOW velocity rather than on the natural foundations
of physics such as mass and spatial & temporal separations, is
inevitably going to generate weirdness. But then, mathematicians,
since DesCartes, have never found a problem with the reality of 'real'
numbers.