The Universe ???

Old January 27th 16, 02:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default The Universe ???

Seriously, what's the current best geuss as to how it all happenned/is
happening, and willhappen.

Big Bang seems to be getting the best press, but that surely beggs the
obvious question as to what was, say, an hour before. Does any
intelligent brain believe that there was nothing,for billions of
years,perhaps just cold vacume of infinite space.

Is some mysterios God overseening allthis?

Then what did God do during the first half of eternity ? !!! .

Old January 27th 16, 02:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 1/27/16 8:18 AM, wrote:
Seriously, what's the current best geuss as to how it all happenned/is
happening, and willhappen.

Quantum Fluctuation
Inflation
Continued expansion and cooling
Nucleosynthesis of H, He, Li
Decopling of energy and matter
First stars and galaxies
Evolution
Runaway expansion
Heat Death

See:
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap060323.html

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics

Old January 27th 16, 04:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 1/27/16 6:18 AM, wrote:
Is some mysterios God overseening allthis?

Occam's razor.
Old January 27th 16, 06:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 2:18:07 PM UTC, wrote:
Seriously, what's the current best guess as to how it all happened/is
happening, and will happen.

Do you want a serious answer or have the usual voodoo and bluffing trotted out by academics who use astronomy like a high end welfare scheme and a take-my-word-for-it scam.

After creating 'warped space' 100 years ago they hadn't a clue what to do with it so they came up with a hilarious story that light travels in circles -

" If we ponder over the question as to how the universe, considered as a whole, is to be regarded, the first answer that suggests itself to us is surely this: As regards space (and time) the universe is infinite. There are stars everywhere, so that the density of matter, although very variable in detail, is nevertheless on the average everywhere the same. In other words: However far we might travel through space, we should find everywhere an attenuated swarm of fixed stars of approximately the same kind and density.

This view is not in harmony with the theory of Newton. The latter theory rather requires that the universe should have a kind of centre in which the density of the stars is a maximum, and that as we proceed outwards from this centre the group-density of the stars should diminish, until finally, at great distances, it is succeeded by an infinite region of emptiness. The stellar universe ought to be a finite island in the infinite ocean of space.

This conception is in itself not very satisfactory. It is still less satisfactory because it leads to the result that the light emitted by the stars and also individual stars of the stellar system are perpetually passing out into infinite space, never to return, and without ever again coming into interaction with other objects of nature. Such a finite material universe would be destined to become gradually but systematically impoverished." Einstein

http://www.bartleby.com/173/30.html

You have these empirical dummies here announcing time had a finite beginning so the poor reader gets muddled and caves in while the same guy will wax lyrical about relativity and the guys 100 years ago who created the most spurious nonsense the world has ever known. Above you have Albert rejecting galaxies and that light travels in a circle and it is so hilarious that I left the relativity forum many years ago when I read this meaningless junk.

I am sure the wider public like nothing better than being played for fools for so long or taken for granted but the empiricists ,for all their casting arms about the 'wonder' of relativity and junk that followed don't last too long in this forum or a thread .

Old January 28th 16, 02:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Seriously, what's the current best geuss as to how it all happenned/is
happening, and willhappen.

Big Bang seems to be getting the best press, but that surely beggs the
obvious question as to what was, say, an hour before. Does any
intelligent brain believe that there was nothing,for billions of
years,perhaps just cold vacume of infinite space.

Hey, why just billions of years, how about imagining a infinite amount of time "prior" to the Big Bang?

A vacuum isn't empty. The "nothingness" of whatever, if anything, was around before the Big Bang couldn't be called cold, because there was no matter nor energy. And we can't say that "time" was passing either, nor that there was an infinite space.

The fleetingly existent virtual particles that seem to permeate the Universe might give an idea of what was going on "before" the Big Bang. Or maybe not.

Is some mysterios God overseening allthis?

Then what did God do during the first half of eternity ? !!! .

He watched the SuperBowl Pregame Show.

Old January 28th 16, 03:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 00:47:53 -0500, Davoud wrote:

:
Is some mysterios God overseening allthis?

lal_truckee:
Occam's razor.

That proposition is just that; a conjecture, an opinion, and it doesn't
always hold. I refer to myself as an atheist, but I don't /know/ that
there is no deity in the Universe. Even Chris Peterson doesn't know
that.

If Occam's Razor is used to provide a definitive answer, it is being
misused. However, it remains a valid tool for guiding rational
thought, and is appropriately used here to remind us that, in the
absence of any evidence, the simpler answer generally offers a better
explanation.
Old January 28th 16, 11:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 10:43:05 AM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:

If Occam's Razor is used to provide a definitive answer, it is being
misused. However, it remains a valid tool for guiding rational
thought,

Then you should try it sometime.