Archimedes Plutonium, Oriel, Valev et al are still talking to themselves

Old May 18th 11, 11:04 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Martin Nicholson

Default Archimedes Plutonium, Oriel, Valev et al are still talking to themselves

After my nice long sabbatical I see the same old names are still
posting the same old rubbish. Time to go again.

Old May 18th 11, 02:25 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On May 18, 12:04*pm, Martin Nicholson
wrote:
After my nice long sabbatical I see the same old names are still
posting the same old rubbish. Time to go again.

Don't rush off, Martin! You do have the right door! :-)

Try to think of s.a.a as a dark and scruffy bar in a very run-down,
university town. By an unfortunate coincidence, the door to the pub
butts right up against the doorway to the waiting room of the psych
department of the local hospital. Inevitably, there are frequent
failures to identify the correct portal. The barman is an old drunk
who has absolutely no control over who comes and goes. He will serve
anybody with the change to buy a beer. Even those who have been warned
repeatedly not to mix booze with their prescription medication. Nor
with anything else wallowing about in their system.

This pub has far fewer regulars than the extremely popular and
outrageously noisy canteen adjoining the psych department itself. This
unofficial café is jokingly referred to as The Sigh Astro. Probably
because most of the regulars are on another planet. A rather outworn
joke but surprisingly apt in this case.

Even more oddly, many of the café regulars have adopted a rather
unlikely fashion item. A Napoleon hat housing a well inflated balloon.
This is habitually worn under one arm with the fingers tucked between
the buttons of their jacket fronts. This strange "badge of honour" is
alleged to signify that they have delusions of grandeur well beyond
their real abilities. And (more subtly) that chronic chemical abuse is
slowly killing them.
Old May 18th 11, 08:50 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Anders Eklöf

Martin Nicholson wrote:

After my nice long sabbatical I see the same old names are still
posting the same old rubbish. Time to go again.

And you are doing your best to keep feeding the trolls...

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour
Old May 18th 11, 09:31 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
jacob navia[_5_]

Le 18/05/11 21:50, Anders Eklöf a écrit :
Martin wrote:

After my nice long sabbatical I see the same old names are still
posting the same old rubbish. Time to go again.

And you are doing your best to keep feeding the trolls...

They do not need to be fed, they feed themselves. Look at
Valev, he replies to his own posts again and again always
with the same stuff.

You pose him a question and he will go on with the same
stuff without even mentioning the subject of your question.

The problem with keeping silent is that only they are the ones that
post and Usenet becomes emptier by the day.

I started a post against them ("Antisemitic ramblings against
Einstein") and it was very interesting. Real people replied, and
deconstructed the arguments against Einstein one by one. It was
for instance possible to verify that the claim that a Daenish
mathematician that the anti Einstein group claimed as having
discovered Brownian motion decades before Einstein actually
never did that.

People used the real papers of that mathematician to refute the claims.
Usenet relived again. The problem here is that those guys occupy all
the group, leaving the impression that all the group agrees with them.

No, silence is NOT the right answer.

Old May 19th 11, 07:01 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On May 18, 10:31*pm, jacob navia wrote:

No, silence is NOT the right answer.

89% (of those who expressed an opinion) thought Ridicule offered
relief from local irritation.