Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old March 24th 06, 09:30 PM posted to sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:12:07 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

Yes. Do you know the difference between initiation and commitment?

....Why don't you dog molesters discuss this in Killfile Hell? We're
not interested in it here.

PLONK

....*******s.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old March 24th 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:59:15 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Bob) made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

NASA was worth every penny spent. If somehow we could have tied fusion
to NASA, we would have abundant cheap energy today.

That's nuts. We don't have cheap abundant spaceflight, after all the
billions that NASA's been given. Why should we think they'd deliver
cheap abundant anything, let alone fusion energy?
Old March 24th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:19:19 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

BTW I once proposed the Great Harlem Crack Drop. The proposal was to
drop enough crack on Harlem (or the black nbhd of your choice) to be at
least ankle deep. The wait a week. The silence would deafen one.

The drug trade in the US, as elsewhere, is controlled by the
establishment for profit. There is no interest on their part to cure
anyone because that would cut into future cash flows. Prisons are
filled with the competition, a primitive but effective way to control
the market.

--
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Old March 24th 06, 10:25 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
David Johnston wrote:

How does that establish you aren't a racist?

A racist would assume implicitly that the first thing a negro would do
when he saw a crack pellet would be to smoke it. I assume negroes have
free will, just as I do.

You should read your own posts, Bob:

"BTW I once proposed the Great Harlem Crack Drop. The proposal was to
drop enough crack on Harlem (or the black nbhd of your choice) to be at
least ankle deep. The wait a week. The silence would deafen one."

The fact that you say "the black nbhd of your choice" and that the "silence
would deafen one" belies your statement that this is not racist.

"This is not racist" ranks right up there with "this is not spam." Just
feeling like you have to make the disclaimer means you already know it's not
true.

---JRE---

Old March 24th 06, 10:27 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:22:39 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

NASA was worth every penny spent. If somehow we could have tied fusion
to NASA, we would have abundant cheap energy today.

Given NASA's technical ability, I doubt it very much. They are a bunch
of ****-ups.

So is Darwinism, but that doesn't stop people from believing in it.

And even more. They -lied- to their test pilots. The
calculated the probability of fatal mishap in the STS program a hundreds
to one. It is more like twentyfive to one. Storey Musgrave, the smartest
astronaut who ever lived talked about this distortion of the odds in an
interview. He knew NASA management was lying through their teeth.

Just like the owners of the World Trade Center lied to its tenants
about the safety of their buildings.

The biggest liar of all is the federal govt. If I as a private
businessman running a major US corporation told you that after having
paid a lifetime worth of annuity premiums your benefits were going to
be denied for an additional year or more, you would scream to the
highest heaven around. You would demand that I be put in prison like
the people who ran Enron.

Yet when the federal govt does it to you, there's not even a wimper.

It is thirty five years since a footprint was placed on the moon. What
do we have to show for it? ISS Alpha ****can One. The NASA manned
program has been a disaster from the git-go.

ISS is the CIC for launching nukes. They send them up from the ground
and then ISS takes over. They can thread a 50 megaton nuke up Abdul's
ass if he gets too uppity.

Old March 24th 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:14:45 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination
of my party for another term as your President."

President Lyndon B. Johnson - March 31, 1968
http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/lbj-decision.htm

Let's play a little Jeopardy

Answer: March 31, 1968

Question: By what date did LBJ realize he couldn't possibly be reelected?

The why wasn't his VP (Humphrey) similiarly tainted? Humphrey only
lost to Nixon by less than 1% of the popular vote.

Brian

Old March 24th 06, 10:59 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:24:27 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

David Johnston wrote:

How does that establish you aren't a racist?

A racist would assume implicitly that the first thing a negro would do
when he saw a crack pellet would be to smoke it.

That is indeed the assumption your joke seems to convey.
Old March 24th 06, 11:03 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:05:27 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message

Johnson was eligible for reelection in 1968 (he had served less than two
years of JFK's term) but chose not to run. See
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am22

Yes, he chose not to run because he knew he couldn't win.

Are you sure it wasn't health issues? He died the week his second full
term would have ended. Perhaps he didn't want to risk America losing
two sitting Presidents in a row.

Brian

Old March 25th 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:22:04 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

*However*, at the time of its creation, Project Apollo was *not* a project
to land on the moon. It was the next-generation spacecraft, which later was
chosen to be the moon ship.

Kennedy didn't announce that NASA would build a new spaceship, but he *did*
announce the trip to the moon. NASA chose to adapt an existing project into
the new one, so Kennedy *is* responsible for getting us to the moon.

So, are we ready for a 1000 message debate on whether Apollo was a
"program" or a "project"?

Old March 25th 06, 01:21 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:24:27 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Robert
J. Kolker" made the phosphor on my monitor glow

David Johnston wrote:

How does that establish you aren't a racist?

A racist would assume implicitly that the first thing a negro would do
when he saw a crack pellet would be to smoke it. I assume negroes have
free will, just as I do.

He said "negroes."

He he he...