A prophet who can give signs in the heavens is always believed.

Old March 16th 05, 01:33 AM
Raving Loonie

Default A prophet who can give signs in the heavens is always believed.

"It is perhaps interesting to speculate on the practical consequences
of Einstein's discovery. I do not doubt that he will be believed. A
prophet who can give signs in the heavens is always believed. No one
ever seriously questioned Newton's theory after the return of Halley's
comet. Einstein has told us that space, time and matter are shadows of
the fifth dimension, and the heavens have declared his glory."

DAEDALUS or Science and the Future
A paper read to the Heretics, Cambridge, on February 4th, 1923
by
J. B. S. Haldane

... I am not sure why this statement of Haldane's hasn't become
better known?

the Raving Loonie

Old March 16th 05, 02:17 AM
Double-A

Raving Loonie wrote:
"It is perhaps interesting to speculate on the practical consequences
of Einstein's discovery. I do not doubt that he will be believed. A
prophet who can give signs in the heavens is always believed. No one
ever seriously questioned Newton's theory after the return of

Halley's
comet. Einstein has told us that space, time and matter are shadows

of
the fifth dimension, and the heavens have declared his glory."

DAEDALUS or Science and the Future
A paper read to the Heretics, Cambridge, on February 4th, 1923
by
J. B. S. Haldane

... I am not sure why this statement of Haldane's hasn't become
better known?

the Raving Loonie

I don't remember Einstein talking a "fifth" dimension. Maybe that's
why.

They were a great 70's group though, "Age of Aqarious" and all!

Double-A