Wide field on Orion

Old November 2nd 04, 07:16 AM
manastro

Default Wide field on Orion

Hi !
300D with 200 mm f2.8.
Comments are welcome.
Hubert Querlioz
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/passion.azur/index8.htm

Old November 2nd 04, 09:02 AM
Paul B

Hi Hubert,

Lovely image. I'm very impressed with the current capabilities of the top
range Digital SLRs. One day I may be able to afford one . . . . . . :-).

I'm assuming you were "piggy-backing" on a driven mount, but can you tell me
what the sky conditions were when you took the image, i.e. how dark was the
sky, and was there any light pollution around?

Very best wishes and clear, dark skies.

--

/Paul B, York, UK.
http://homepages.tesco.net/paul.buglass/astrohome.htm

Old November 2nd 04, 09:28 AM
Malcolm Stewart

"manastro" wrote in message
Hi !
300D with 200 mm f2.8.
Comments are welcome.
Hubert Querlioz
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/passion.azur/index8.htm

Lovely!

.... as a 10D and EF 200 f2.8 owner I'm very envious of your dark skies!
There's no way I could do that from around Milton Keynes, although I'm
obviously open to suggestions.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Old November 2nd 04, 11:09 AM
Adam Stephens

Hubert

This is a lovely image. If I were to pick a very small point I would say
there is a slight colour cast. If you were to take out a little blue and
red (or add green), this would blacken the sky and whiten the stars.

Adam

Old November 2nd 04, 01:41 PM
Tim Auton

"manastro" wrote:

300D with 200 mm f2.8.
Comments are welcome.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/passion.azur/index8.htm

Excellent photo! Have you removed the IR filter from your camera? You
must have a some very dark skies where you took that picture.

Just you wait all you DSLR astro-photographers, my 20D is finally on
its way, so you'll soon have some new competition!

Tim
--
Anyone who qualifies their comments with "just my
two cents" is usually over-valuing their contribution.

Old November 3rd 04, 06:20 PM
manastro

Thanks malcolm. If you don't ahve a nice sky, try to do many and many
exposures.
"Malcolm Stewart" a écrit dans le
message de ...

Old November 3rd 04, 06:23 PM
manastro

Thank you Tim !

I wait... ;-)
"Tim Auton" a écrit dans le message de
"manastro" wrote:

300D with 200 mm f2.8.
Comments are welcome.

Old November 5th 04, 12:27 AM
Tim Auton

Tim Auton wrote:

Just you wait all you DSLR astro-photographers, my 20D is finally on
its way, so you'll soon have some new competition!

Oh. My. God.

It arrived today. It's f*ing awesome. Correction: it's ****ing
amazingly incredibly awesome. It can take a dozen of the best photos
I've ever taken in a couple of seconds. I've yet to find a good reason
to use the flash: the amazing sensor, image stabilization (lens
feature) and a big lens (by compact camera standards) make flash
unnecessary even hand-held in a normally lit lounge.

The tests I've done (in a room with no lights on and at dusk in the
Peak District - it looks like daylight with a long enough exposure)
suggest this will be an awesome tool for astrophotgraphy. I'm in love.

If only it wasn't cloudy I'd be showing that Lawrence chap who's
really the daddy ;-)

Tim
Old November 5th 04, 09:39 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 00:27:34 +0000, Tim Auton
wrote:

Tim Auton wrote:

Just you wait all you DSLR astro-photographers, my 20D is finally on
its way, so you'll soon have some new competition!

Oh. My. God.

It arrived today. It's f*ing awesome. Correction: it's ****ing
amazingly incredibly awesome. It can take a dozen of the best photos
I've ever taken in a couple of seconds. I've yet to find a good reason
to use the flash: the amazing sensor, image stabilization (lens
feature) and a big lens (by compact camera standards) make flash
unnecessary even hand-held in a normally lit lounge.

The tests I've done (in a room with no lights on and at dusk in the
Peak District - it looks like daylight with a long enough exposure)
suggest this will be an awesome tool for astrophotgraphy. I'm in love.

If only it wasn't cloudy I'd be showing that Lawrence chap who's
really the daddy ;-)

Mine can penetrate cloud Tim!

Glad you've got a new toy to play with - it'll give you hours of
pleasure without doubt! Look forward to seeing some images from you
soon.

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk