Rendevous with Rama

Old May 3rd 17, 12:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Rendevous with Rama

Just read the SciFi book for the second time in 30 years.
By the Arthur C, Clarke, famouslly known for: 2010, A Space Odyssey.
Even though that date was not met, he is a great SciFi writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

I'm sure that a picture-book version is available for illiterate
morons like the noTroll of the Missoura hill country.
Old May 3rd 17, 01:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Hägar" wrote in message

Just read the SciFi book for the second time in 30 years.
By the Arthur C, Clarke, famouslly known for: 2010, A Space Odyssey.
Even though that date was not met, he is a great SciFi writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

I'm sure that a picture-book version is available for illiterate
morons like the noTroll of the Missoura hill country.

**********
Two things - I enjoyed that book many years ago. You can read?
Bwahahahahah.

Old May 3rd 17, 03:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

"Hägar" wrote in message...
Just read the SciFi book for the second time in 30 years.
By the Arthur C, Clarke,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

Yes, it's a very good book.
I would not suggest you read the next 3 (Rama II ---)
As they were really written by Gentry Lee,
and are very different in style.

famouslly known for: 2010, A Space Odyssey.
Even though that date was not met, he is a great SciFi writer.

Actually, the first of that series was titled
"2001 a Space Odyssey", and the second was "2010: Odyssey Two".
Both were quite good.
"2061 Odyssey three" was OK.

You might enjoy "The Hammer of God" or
"Songs of Distant Earth".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha..._(Clarke_novel)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_So..._Distant_Earth

Old May 3rd 17, 04:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"a425couple" wrote in message news
"Hägar" wrote in message...
Just read the SciFi book for the second time in 30 years.
By the Arthur C, Clarke,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

Yes, it's a very good book.
I would not suggest you read the next 3 (Rama II ---)
As they were really written by Gentry Lee,
and are very different in style.

famouslly known for: 2010, A Space Odyssey.
Even though that date was not met, he is a great SciFi writer.

Actually, the first of that series was titled
"2001 a Space Odyssey", and the second was "2010: Odyssey Two".
Both were quite good.
"2061 Odyssey three" was OK.

You might enjoy "The Hammer of God" or
"Songs of Distant Earth".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha..._(Clarke_novel)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_So..._Distant_Earth

*** Just starter Rama II and Songs of distant Earth is already
on the Kindle.
Clark also was the person who had a hand in predicting the
Synchronous orbit at around 22K, where most communications
satellites are parked.

Old May 3rd 17, 04:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message news
"Hägar" wrote in message

Just read the SciFi book for the second time in 30 years.
By the Arthur C, Clarke, famouslly known for: 2010, A Space Odyssey.
Even though that date was not met, he is a great SciFi writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

I'm sure that a picture-book version is available for illiterate
morons like the noTroll of the Missoura hill country.

**********
Two things - I enjoyed that book many years ago. You can read?
Bwahahahahah.

the difference is that I did indeed read it, whereas you "enjoyed"

it as toilet paper in the fambly two-holer, you illiterate oaf.

Old May 3rd 17, 02:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Ned Latham[_2_]

Hägar wrote:

----snip----

Clark also was the person who had a hand in predicting the
Synchronous orbit at around 22K, where most communications
satellites are parked.

More than a hand. He originated the idea. Wrote it up in 1945.

http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/
Old May 3rd 17, 02:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

news
"Hägar" wrote in message

Just read the SciFi book for the second time in 30 years.
By the Arthur C, Clarke, famouslly known for: 2010, A Space Odyssey.
Even though that date was not met, he is a great SciFi writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

I'm sure that a picture-book version is available for illiterate
morons like the noTroll of the Missoura hill country.

**********
Two things - I enjoyed that book many years ago. You can read?
Bwahahahahah.

the difference is that I did indeed read it, whereas you "enjoyed"

it as toilet paper in the fambly two-holer, you illiterate oaf.

***No, the difference is I enjoy reading. You, OTOH, find it difficult
because you have to point at each word and sound it out.

Old May 3rd 17, 05:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Ned Latham" wrote in message

Hägar wrote:

----snip----

Clark also was the person who had a hand in predicting the
Synchronous orbit at around 22K, where most communications
satellites are parked.

More than a hand. He originated the idea. Wrote it up in 1945.

http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/

It's another one of those occasions where you slap your

forehead and say "why didn't I think of that" ... the guy's a
genius.

Old May 3rd 17, 05:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

"Hägar" wrote in message...
[...]

As I recently wrote elsewhe
Arthur Clarke regularly has professional, sane, trained people going
about their assignments to explore some of the greatest things humans
could ever find.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

Then came, "Rama II" by Gentry Lee (& silly credit to Clarke).
Whacko, egotistical, jealous, greedy, back-stabbing, murderous,
mutinous losers, that could not get past any reasonable
employee screening process, get sent off in charge of one of
humanities greatest endeavors.
Not even a proper chain of command!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rama_II_(novel)
I could only, with great pain push on, to cover 177 pages.

A quote about it:
"Books in the series
Clarke paired up with Gentry Lee for the remainder of the series.
Lee did the actual writing, while Clarke read and made editing
suggestions.[9] The focus and style of the last three novels are quite
different from those of the original with an increased emphasis on
characterisation and more clearly portrayed heroes and villains, rather
than Clarke's dedicated professionals. These later books did not receive
the same critical acclaim and awards as the original."

Old May 3rd 17, 05:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message news
news

'nuff said: