For God's sake everyone.

Old July 27th 08, 01:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default For God's sake everyone.

You don't have to quote everything that came above in the postings in
regard to your replies; simply state the person that you are replying to
in your posting, and what exactly they wrote that you are responding to.
It certainly saves anyone reading your postings a great deal of time,
particularly when your new input to the message thread consists of
around ten new words added to around a thousand words that were sent in
the posting that you are replying to - after the whole quoted message's
total thread is added to it, and appears again-and-again in all new
postings to the original subject posting.
In doing this, you are sending postings that are around 90% repeated
words.... that anyone who wants to go through and see what you _really_
just said in your reply to someone else's posting has a hard time doing it.
Ignore the rest of the forest's trees; let's see what the tree that is
_you_ says.

Pat
Old July 27th 08, 01:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
[...]

You're right, Pat; we shouldn't do that. (oh, come on; you knew that was
coming!) ;-P

Old July 27th 08, 10:54 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 07:01:08 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

You don't have to quote everything that came above in the postings in
regard to your replies;

....I've been screaming at Rand to do that for years now. Not that he
listens any more than Guthball or the rest of the dogsucking trash
that crosspost their crap over here rather than keeping on their own
groups where it originated.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old July 28th 08, 12:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
[...]

Really funny Allen! Good thing few people use dial-up these days. :-)

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Old July 28th 08, 01:45 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:54:12 -0500, in a place far, far away, OM
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

wrote:

You don't have to quote everything that came above in the postings in
regard to your replies;

...I've been screaming at Rand to do that for years now.

I do.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
Old July 28th 08, 02:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
kT

Rand Simberg wrote:

...I've been screaming at Rand to do that for years now.

I do.

Fascist love each other almost as much as they love screaming at each other.
Old July 28th 08, 02:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

[...]

I agree, I shouldn't have done it. THERE I GO AGAIN!

Old July 28th 08, 09:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jeff Findley wrote:
You're right, Pat; we shouldn't do that. (oh, come on; you knew that was
coming!) ;-P

Really funny Allen! Good thing few people use dial-up these days. :-)

I wanted to give a example of what it looked like.
And it's a damn silly thing to do.
I've seen some of those quote trains that go on for twenty or thirty
postings.

Pat
Old July 29th 08, 02:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_2_]

On Jul 29, 4:16*am, Pat Flannery wrote:

I've seen some of those quote trains that go on for twenty or thirty
postings.

Whereas Nostradamus's quote trains were only four lines long. I think
we can all learn something from him.