Breaking News! NASA Astronaut Marsha Ivins ****ting Her Diapers!

Old June 10th 07, 01:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Jonathan

Default powersats (was Bush and VSE)

"Paul F. Dietz" wrote in message
Jonathan wrote:

For twenty or thirty
years from now coal will not the fuel of desperation.

This sentence no verb?

I didn't proof read. Coal puts out so much greenhouse
gasses it doesn't seem like the energy source for
the future to me.

Paul

Old June 10th 07, 01:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Fred J. McCall

h (Rand Simberg) wrote:

:
:We don't do that. We actually buy relatively little oil from the
:Middle East (less than a quarter, I'd guess, and a lot of that is from
:Iraq, not Saudi Arabia)). It makes more sense to purchase it closer
:to home (e.g., Canada, Mexico, Venezuela) to reduce transportation
:costs. The problem with the Saudis isn't that we send dollars to them
:but that their other customers (in Europe and Japan) do, and they then
:use it to fund Islamic radicalism and terrorism all over the world.
:

Hint for Rand: We get a lot more oil from Saudi Arabia than we do
from Iraq. Around 10% of total imports are from Saudi Arabia. We get
half as much oil from Iraq as we do from Saudi Arabia.

Total Imports of Petroleum (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)

Country Mar-07 Feb-07 YTD 2007 Mar-06 Jan - Mar 2006
CANADA 2,305 2,448 2,407 2,254 2,276
MEXICO 1,749 1,507 1,611 1,801 1,823
NIGERIA 1,346 1,102 1,198 1,195 1,249
VENEZUELA 1,285 1,359 1,277 1,530 1,516
SAUDI ARABIA 1,244 1,207 1,342 1,364 1,393
ALGERIA 727 555 691 404 523
ANGOLA 708 464 586 522 477
IRAQ 523 325 464 476 487
RUSSIA 455 241 351 221 246
VIRGIN ISLANDS 349 312 363 299 297
KUWAIT 305 168 217 118 115
UNITED KINGDOM 292 268 251 299 231
BRAZIL 234 151 214 193 166
ECUADOR 191 185 217 242 287
KOREA, SOUTH 164 80 120 27 51

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old June 10th 07, 04:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Brian Thorn[_3_]

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 19:18:37 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

More like mobilizing existing capabilities in pursuit of a single goal
that the average American can understand and get behind. Not
necessarily a massive increase in expenditures, although there would
probably be that, too (on several fronts, including greatly increased
wind energy production, etc.)

If those things made economic sense, we'd be doing them, without
subsidization.

I'm not convinced of that. It makes more economic sense to use EELV to
launch Orion. We're not doing that. It makes more economic sense to
drill the ANWR, we're not doing that. It makes more economic sense to
create reform programs instead of building more prisons, but we're not
doing that. It makes economic sense to build many more fission
reactors (yes, its debatable in times of cheap oil, but no longer) but
we're not doing that. It makes more economic sense to institute
National Health Care than to keep forcing millions to go bankrupt
paying outrageous HMO fees or doing without and then entering the
welfare death spiral because they can no longer work. It makes more
economic sense to drop the dollar bill and go entirely to dollar
coins, we're not doing that...

Politics is a funny thing.

Brian
Old June 10th 07, 04:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Jonathan wrote:

For twenty or thirty
years from now coal will not the fuel of desperation.

This sentence no verb?

Nor any more sense than the rest of what he says, which is why I killfiled
him.

Please, read him for the recreational value if you must, but please don't
quote him.

Old June 10th 07, 04:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
BradGuth

I agree, that via magnetic "launch ring" or seriously big gun methods
of getting the likes of rocket fuel or other sorts of inert items
assisted into LEO is actually a darn good couple of methods that
should have been the norm as of decades ago.

All that might be needed is the final upper stage or kicker that'll
finish off the necessary launch of such supplies. Deployments of beer
and pizza should qualify for either of these methods, that which
should entirely eliminate the first stage, including those so often
necessary SRBs.

BTW; SETI/OSETI are by no mistake each looking in all the wrong
places. Of course, a few controlling faith-based cults want
absolutely nothing to do with anything off-world, especially of that
which might have once upon a time or forbid currently sustain other
life of any kind.

Too bad this mostly anti-think-tank of a silly Usenet from Zion hell,
as such hasn't been all that much help. Apparently they've been a
little too busy covering NASA's butt and otherwise promoting all
that's born-again via GW Bush.
-

Accomplishing a substantial solar power satellite (powersat)
deployment is offering a perfectly good sort of R&D goal for our NASA,
although without utilizing the moon's L1 that's almost always within
the sun, plus half the time receiving the moon's planetshine of mostly
IR, as for otherwise accommodating this powersat task is going to
demand that more and more of such spendy satellites utilize Earth's
L1, whereas otherwise LEO powersats are going dark half of the time.

However, it seems that pesky moon of ours is simply not all that human
DNA friendly (especially by day). Besides all of that nasty radiation
environment that's at least ten fold worse off than any Van Allen
belt, and otherwise according to all that's NASA/Apollo, it's
absolutely impossible to see and much less photograph the likes of
Venus or any other planet except Earth, as seen from the moon (even
though the Kodak film DR should have been more than sufficient).

Oddly, there's also no stellar or solar UV energy to speak of, whereas
instead the raw and unfiltered solar spectrum is rather oddly exactly
the same as a terrestrial xenon lamp spectrum (must be because of all
that argon and sodium atmosphere that's blocking those otherwise pesky
sorts of photons). Apparently the moon's stealth magnetosphere is
what's defending that otherwise highly reactive/anticathode surface
from all that's cosmic or solar energy.

Too bad we still haven't a robotic fly-by-rocket lander that's good
enough for directly accomplishing our physically dark, electrostatic
dusty and somewhat salty old moon, much less for accommodating a brave
crew of us humans, as per each having established a cache of banked
bone marrow that'll be available upon having returned to Earth.

Unfortunately, drugs and of incest mutations are just a small part of
the internal mindset problems within our badly failing NASA.

You folks obviously don't know what a Zionist mindset is.

Do you folks have some other idea as to why there's so much topic/
author stalking, bashings and as much applied banishment as possible?

Here's an honest clue; it's not coming from Muslims or most other
honest faith-based groups.

Even the hard core Catholics are not nearly as anti-ETI or otherwise
opposed to the investments on behalf of discovering other than
terrestrial life, as are the Zionist which oppose damn near everything
under the sun which orbits their flat Earth.

Certain folks just like to get their way, even if they have to
continually lie, join forces as partners in crimes against humanity,
or having to put their own kind on a stick without a stitch of
remorse.

The fence jumping Atheist (aka Zion minions) are actually the official
rusemasters of Usenet, as well as being as much media, textbook
publication and of mainstream news and entertainment media domination
as possible.

There are few that can afford to opposed this faith-based infomercial
spewing gauntlet, and fewer yet of those willing to speak of the truth
as based upon the regular laws of physics and of the best available
science. Deductive interpretations of anything is forbidden by those
imposing their Zion mindset, whereas instead fear of personal trauma
and of receiving the most aggressive forms of Zion spermware/****ware
gets sent to your email and otherwise directly to your computer.

BTW how many (all inclusive) photons are within this universe?
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth

On Jun 6, 7:05 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Henry Spencer" wrote in message

You can't realistically hope to build and
operate powersats with the sort of space transportation we've got now --
it's a whole new order of magnitude -- so the current situation, in which
access to space is difficult and infrequent, simply isn't relevant.

You guys just don't get it. We need a /reason/ to make space
transportation cheap. SSP is the /reason/ to fund low cost
to orbit. We need a goal that has as a prerequisite building
the space infrastructure needed to truly exploit and colonize
space.

Once we can do SSP {even if it never happens"} then we
....can do anything in space.

Our goal cannot be to build space infrastructure, or low
cost to orbit. Because people will ask 'WHY', and no one
will have an answer.

Have any of you ever watched a greyhound race?

Think of SSP as that little rabbit that makes the race go.

Jonathan

Old June 10th 07, 06:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Son of Serpent Esq

"BradGuth" wrote in message
ups.com...
You folks obviously don't know what a Zionist mindset is.

Do you folks have some other idea as to why there's so much topic/
author stalking, bashings and as much applied banishment as possible?

Here's an honest clue; it's not coming from Muslims or most other
honest faith-based groups.

Even the hard core Catholics are not nearly as anti-ETI or otherwise
opposed to the investments on behalf of discovering other than
terrestrial life, as are the Zionist which oppose damn near everything
under the sun which orbits their flat Earth.

Post proof.

Don't you know that NASA is just another Zionist plot for complete and
outright illegal Zionist occupation of space?

Pop quiz; who was Colonel Ilan Ramon and what shuttle mission was he on?

--
Bio: Colonel Ilan Ramon IAF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilan_Ramon

Old June 10th 07, 07:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
BradGuth

On Jun 10, 10:18 am, "Son of Serpent Esq" wrote:

Don't you know that NASA is just another Zionist plot for complete and
outright illegal Zionist occupation of space?

NASA is merely a Zion puppet agency, much like our DoD.

Zions don't want anything to do with ETs, or even of any ET spores or
microbes outside of our terrestrial realm.

All the Usenet arguments imposed against what's actually out there are
the proof positive that others and I'm right.

Pop quiz; who was Colonel Ilan Ramon and what shuttle mission was he on?

Have no idea. Should I?

BTW not all Jews are from the Zionist dark side, just like the vast
majority of us are not anything like our resident born-again LLPOF
warlord(GW Bush).
-

Old June 10th 07, 09:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Son of Serpent Esq

"BradGuth" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 10, 10:18 am, "Son of Serpent Esq" wrote:

Don't you know that NASA is just another Zionist plot for complete and
outright illegal Zionist occupation of space?

NASA is merely a Zion puppet agency, much like our DoD.

Brad, if you couldn't tell I was trying to inject a little humor here with
that rediculous line about the occupation of "infinite" space then maybe you
should consider a little break from this Zionist conspiracy crap... before
you like snap completely.

--
Maybe a little light reading would help...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Old June 10th 07, 09:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:28:48 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Son of
Serpent Esq" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"BradGuth" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 10, 10:18 am, "Son of Serpent Esq" wrote:

Don't you know that NASA is just another Zionist plot for complete and
outright illegal Zionist occupation of space?

NASA is merely a Zion puppet agency, much like our DoD.

Brad, if you couldn't tell I was trying to inject a little humor here

Brad has no sense of humor. He's nuts. Please killfile him, as most
of the rest of us have, long ago, and stop feeding his illness.