ASTRO: M110 Right images this time

Old February 9th 08, 08:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: M110 Right images this time

Dummy grabbed the wrong images. Not a major difference but I sure saw
it when I went back and looked. This brings out the core as well as the
stars and globulars against the core better, especially the globular in
a dust cloud G-54. I moved the wrong ones over from the observatory
computer.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M110L4X10RGB2X10R.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	1677  Click image for larger version

Name:	M110L4X10RGB2X10-GIDa.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	1678
Old February 11th 08, 01:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

The first time I shot this galaxy folks tried to convince me that my image
was noisy because of the mottled look in the galaxy. (No one in this group
though). I always like to see others get the same detail... Do you think
you have resolved or are at the verge of resolving star clouds?

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old February 11th 08, 06:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Doug W. wrote:

The first time I shot this galaxy folks tried to convince me that my image
was noisy because of the mottled look in the galaxy. (No one in this group
though). I always like to see others get the same detail... Do you think
you have resolved or are at the verge of resolving star clouds?

My original shot in black and white before I took this color version
also showed the same "noise". It used 5 minute subs. I went to 10 for
this one and there was no change. Background doesn't seem at all noisy
so I think it real. I've not checked Hubble's data base to see if it
has looked at it.

Rick