...The Greatest Weakness of America!

Old August 1st 07, 02:58 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.policy,us.military.army,alt.global-warming,sci.military.naval
Whata Fool

Default ...The Greatest Weakness of America!

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:35:45 -0600, Joe Strout wrote:

"Mike Combs" wrote:
"Whata Fool" wrote in message
Apparently you are arguing against power from space with
that, can a radar beam be converted to usable electric energy?

I think the others were right and that you are a troll. In any case, your
enthusiasm for continuing the conversation in the complete absense of the
simplest kind of research of the subject being discussed has outlasted my
patience. I'm done.

And that's saying something -- Mike is one of the most patient members
of this group. (Apart perhaps from Henry, whose patience seems nearly
inexhaustible.)

Which of the crossposted groups is "this group"?

The proponents of power from space seem to totally ignore
the reality of a huge constellation of satellites in geostationary orbit
having a variety of orbital parameters, even though they are able to
stay in approximately the right place.

All orbits are elliptical to some measure, so the satellites
likely jockey around some.

I don't know how accurate radar or radio range and azimuth
tracking is, but suppose some satellites depart from the circular orbit
by a few miles, there is some difficulty in making sure where they are
before trying to ease into a slot near them.

The frequency issue is just as bad, in fact, there could
even be a show stopper problem with antenna size and frequency,
how much energy can be absorbed by an antenna that is not near the
half-wave ideal?

All this talk about studying the subject is a typical
liberal argument, rather than stating science or posting references,
they just invoke the "everybody is uneducated but me" escape.

Old August 1st 07, 10:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.global-warming
Einar

Default Diversity training has failed on the "educated science types" ...The Greatest Weakness of America!

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Einar wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Einar wrote:
:
: :
: :Not enough uranium I think to make it our sole energy source.
: :
:
: If we go to secondary burning cycles there is more than enough.
:
:
:I´ve actually heard such cycles mentioned, but I think I´ve never read
:a description of them. Do you happen to have got a good link eplaining
:them?
:

Read up on the CANDU reactors from Canada. They'll burn almost
anything.

http://www.nuclearfaq.ca/brat_fuel.htm

http://www.nuclearfaq.ca/cnf_sectionA.htm

--George Bernard Shaw

Highly interesting, especially IMO the possibility of burning nuclear
waste. Could be very useful for f.e. France to burn its waste in CANDU
reactors, reducing its radioactivity.

Cheers, Einar

The Greatest Experiment G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 4 December 23rd 06 07:27 PM
The greatest woman ever Holly Misc 20 December 18th 06 01:45 PM
Greatest Brilliancy ==> Greatest Illuminated Extent Paul Schlyter Amateur Astronomy 1 September 18th 05 06:57 PM
The greatest engineer is gone.... Derek Lyons History 1 July 20th 05 06:34 PM
What are the two greatest Extremes? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 January 28th 05 02:03 PM