A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Space Science » Space Station
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old May 17th 06, 05:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: : And I find it fascinating how you define 'sensible people' as 'people
: : who agree with your world view'.
:
: : That is not how I define 'sensible people. I find it fascinating that
: : you think that it is. Ordover has a long history of being a
: : non-sensible person.
:
: You say that about a lot of people and the list appears to
: be growing.

: No, not many.

: Is Derek next, because he isn't another yes-man to you?

: No, he's just a curmudgeon.

You calling anyone a 'curmudgeon' is the best example of "the pot calling
the kettle black" I have seen in awhile.

Ads
  #62  
Old May 17th 06, 05:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?

: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.

Do you have a cite for this? Not because I don't believe you but because
I'd like to learn more about it.

And before you claim Google is my friend, do it for others...

Eric
  #65  
Old May 17th 06, 05:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

wrote:

: wrote:
: Rand Simberg wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?
:
: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.
:
: Please source this, including the specific tracking data on the bill
: passed by the NM legislature investing this money, or the official
: goverment department that cut the check or is planning to do so.
:
: In fact, Rand, there's really no point in you posting anything without
: sourcing it.

: Never mind - if this is the source of your claim

:
http://www.space.com/news/060102_nm_spaceport.html

: then please note that as yet the state of NM has not appropriated any
: such sum of money for a spaceport. At this moment it's all possible
: proposals, and relies on -adding a tax burden to the residents of New
: Mexico- to support the project that is already spending taxpayers
: money.


: From the above article:

: "New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson announced on December 14 that he
: will work with the state legislature to secure a three-year commitment
: for a total of $100 million for the state's share of the funding to
: build the world's first commercial spaceport to be built in southern
: New Mexico.

: Richardson's funding package will be the keystone of a larger $225
: million financial construction package that includes local, state and
: federal funding to build New Mexico's spaceport in Upham.

: Homans said the additional funding is expected to come from a
: combination of sources, including: Federal earmarks and appropriations
: over the next three fiscal years; Southern New Mexico cities and
: counties, by a proposed local option gross receipts tax that will be
: decided by the voters; and other state sources, including future
: transportation funding and money that has already been approved by the
: state legislature for construction of the spaceport."

Thanks, sure beats Rand's insults...

I'm starting to wonder if he's suffering from Tourette Syndrome?
  #66  
Old May 17th 06, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?

: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.

Is this one going to be coneviently located near the the existing NASA
facility (TDRSS Ground Station)?
  #68  
Old May 17th 06, 10:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Eric Chomko wrote:
Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?

: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.

Is this one going to be coneviently located near the the existing NASA
facility (TDRSS Ground Station)?


Not that I know of. There would be no reason to.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.