will our space shuttle discovery and our international space stationbe safe from the space trash that the US and other counries earlier left upthere?

Old September 3rd 09, 04:54 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,alt.politics
EverOnlyNice

Default will our space shuttle discovery and our international space stationbe safe from the space trash that the US and other counries earlier left upthere?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/trashi...stationtododge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_shuttle_discovery

this could be a very, very serious situation! we call on krotoa to
assist as necessary, and as she alone can knowingly assist!

allah akbar!
Old September 3rd 09, 08:42 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,alt.politics
Pat Flannery

EverOnlyNice wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/trashi...stationtododge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_shuttle_discovery

this could be a very, very serious situation! we call on krotoa to
assist as necessary, and as she alone can knowingly assist!

Magic Talking Eight Ball!
"Is space debris a serious threat?"
"Without a doubt."
"Is Allah the only true God, and is Mohammad his prophet?"
"My answer is...I think it is possible."
That's just the sort of wishy-washy and misleading crap you would expect
to get out of a Jinn imprisoned in a Magic Talking Eight Ball, isn't it?

Pat

Old September 3rd 09, 09:48 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,alt.politics
Brian Gaff

Actually moving away from the idiot fringe for a second, how is it that the
mere whiff of something like space junk, micro meteoroid impacts etc, makes
the news folk predict dire consequences.

I imagine every time I go out all those cars on roads I cross might one day
mow me down. I might even find myself attacked by a mugger, but I have no
flotilla of news crazed reporters watching and listening to me 24 hours a
day, so nobody would be writing about the problem.

Brian

Email:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Old September 3rd 09, 01:01 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
David Spain

"Brian Gaff" writes:

I imagine every time I go out all those cars on roads I cross might one day
mow me down. I might even find myself attacked by a mugger, but I have no
flotilla of news crazed reporters watching and listening to me 24 hours a
day, so nobody would be writing about the problem.

Brian

Q: "Will Brian Gaff be mowed down by a car driven by a fleeing mugger
in front of dozens of crazed local TV news 'personalities' with
satellite TV trucks?"

TMEB: "It is decidedly so..."

;-)
Old September 3rd 09, 01:05 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,alt.politics
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Magic Talking Eight Ball!
"Is space debris a serious threat?"
"Without a doubt."
"Is Allah the only true God, and is Mohammad his prophet?"
"My answer is...I think it is possible."
That's just the sort of wishy-washy and misleading crap you would expect to
get out of a Jinn imprisoned in a Magic Talking Eight Ball, isn't it?

Pat you gotta remember:

Q: "What is a religion without faith?"

Dave

PS: A: "Government"

;-)
Old September 3rd 09, 07:04 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,alt.politics
snidely

On Sep 3, 1:44*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
But they dodge space junk all the time, where is the story exactly?
Brian

Size of the junk and possible effect on space-walking schedule would
be my guesses. Plus when you have a fleet of reporters milling about
in a small pond, you get lots of "in-depth backstories".

/dps
Old September 3rd 09, 07:55 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,alt.politics
Rich[_4_]

EverOnlyNice wrote in news:00486ca3-b204-4359-
:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/trashi...stationtododge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_shuttle_discovery

this could be a very, very serious situation! we call on krotoa to
assist as necessary, and as she alone can knowingly assist!

allah akbar!

The ISS is a $200 billion waste. The most useless expenditure NASA has
ever undertaken that has drawn huge sums from REAL space programs.

Old September 3rd 09, 09:51 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_288_]

"Rich" wrote in message
EverOnlyNice wrote in news:00486ca3-b204-4359-
:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/trashi...stationtododge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_shuttle_discovery

this could be a very, very serious situation! we call on krotoa to
assist as necessary, and as she alone can knowingly assist!

allah akbar!

The ISS is a $200 billion waste. The most useless expenditure NASA has
ever undertaken that has drawn huge sums from REAL space programs.

Wow, $200 billion now, price goes up every week.

And what "REAL" space programs do you think would have been funded
otherwise?

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.