Backward Spiral Galaxies???

Old July 26th 08, 02:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Backward Spiral Galaxies???

This begs the question Do 99% of galaxies spin in the same direction?
Do astronomers use collision to change a galaxy spin direction? I
know the direction of Adronoma spin,but its close. Can we detect the
Doppler shift of galaxies that are say half a billion LY away?
Bert

Old July 26th 08, 05:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Galactic spin is random like their orientations, BEERTbrain! lmao!

Collisions won't change the spin direction. The stars continue as
before.

Doppler shifts can be measured out to 500 million ly.

Saul Levy

Old July 26th 08, 06:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Cactus saul I should have made myself more clear on the Doppler effect
showing direction of galaxies rotation. Thanks for telling me its
completely random. Not like our objects in the Sun solar system Still
Saul that begs the question Why bother with saying they spin backward
relative to those that must spin foreward?? Are they acting cute with
us? Bert

Old July 26th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jul 26, 6:14*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
This begs the question * Do 99% of galaxies spin in the same direction?
Do astronomers use collision to change a galaxy spin direction? * * *I
know the direction of Adronoma spin,but its close. *Can we detect the
Doppler shift of galaxies that are say half a billion LY away?
Bert

Galaxies do not spin in any predominant direction. If they did, it
would be good evidence that the universe is rotatiing, but they don't.

Double-A
Old July 26th 08, 10:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Jul 26, 1:03*pm, Double-A wrote:

Galaxies do not spin in any predominant direction. *If they did, it
would be good evidence that the universe is rotating, but they don't.

Huh? The fact that they DO rotate while displaying a common, universal
planform suggests the unseen macro-universe may likewise display that
same planform common to all rotating systems.. i.e., dual hemispheres
and a common equator rotating on a polar axis. This planform is seen
not only in spiral galaxies but in solar systems, planet-moon systems,
planets, unfolding embryos (viewed side-on), all the way down to the
hydrogen atom. Should the unseen Source of all this be *more likely*
to display the same planform as all the 'little fractals' it has
spawned throughout nature at every level, than not?

Old July 26th 08, 11:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

I doubt it, BEERTbrain! lmao!

As my boss at Kitt Peak used to say: That's how it is.

Saul Levy

Old July 27th 08, 12:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar

"Double-A" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 6:14 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
This begs the question Do 99% of galaxies spin in the same direction?
Do astronomers use collision to change a galaxy spin direction? I
know the direction of Adronoma spin,but its close. Can we detect the
Doppler shift of galaxies that are say half a billion LY away?
Bert

Galaxies do not spin in any predominant direction. If they did, it
would be good evidence that the universe is rotatiing, but they don't.

Double-A

Every picture of any Galaxy I have ever seen, displays a clockwise rotation.
Of course, all the views were from the top, which would indicate that there
is some sort of Coreolis Effect present in the Universe. The bottom view, of
course, would be just the opposite.

Taking into consideration that the planets and their Moons rotate in the
same direction, would indicate that is the rule, rather than the exception.

Old July 27th 08, 12:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
This begs the question Do 99% of galaxies spin in the same direction?
Do astronomers use collision to change a galaxy spin direction? I
know the direction of Adronoma spin,but its close. Can we detect the
Doppler shift of galaxies that are say half a billion LY away?
Bert

So many galaxies spin like a pinwheel, that it makes you wonder if the
spherical ones are just getting revved up, or are just tired.

Old July 27th 08, 12:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"Hagar" wrote in message
news

"Double-A" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 6:14 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
This begs the question Do 99% of galaxies spin in the same direction?
Do astronomers use collision to change a galaxy spin direction? I
know the direction of Adronoma spin,but its close. Can we detect the
Doppler shift of galaxies that are say half a billion LY away?
Bert

Galaxies do not spin in any predominant direction. If they did, it
would be good evidence that the universe is rotatiing, but they don't.

Double-A

Every picture of any Galaxy I have ever seen, displays a clockwise
rotation. Of course, all the views were from the top, which would indicate
that there is some sort of Coreolis Effect present in the Universe. The
bottom view, of course, would be just the opposite.

By top, do you mean north?
Does the universe have a north, and maybe spin as well?

Old July 27th 08, 02:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Anthony Buckland[_2_]

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
This begs the question Do 99% of galaxies spin in the same direction?

If you look at one and it's spinning clockwise,
it would be spinning anticlockwise from the
point of view of an observer on the "other side"
(proceed from where you are on a line through
the center of the galaxy and keep going until
you are as far from the galaxy as when you
started).