Frozen Water and Organic Material Discovered on Mercury!

Old January 15th 13, 11:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Frozen Water and Organic Material Discovered on Mercury!

"For the first time, scientists have confirmed that the planet Mercury
holds at least 100 billion tons of water ice as well as organic
material in permanently shadowed craters at its north pole.

The findings come from NASA’s MESSENGER spacecraft, which has been in
orbit around the solar system’s smallest and innermost planet since
2011. Researchers have suspected that ice could exist in such craters
since 1992, when Earth-based radar measurements found bright areas at
the planet’s polar regions. Craters in this area cast long shadows,
which prevent any sunlight from reaching their floors.

Though alternative explanations had been put forward to account for
the radar-bright areas, MESSENGER has provided convincing evidence for
water ice on the planet closest to our sun, where surface temperatures
can sometimes reach 800 degrees Fahrenheit. The results appeared in
three studies Nov. 29 in Science.

MESSENGER was able to detect water ice because it carries a neutron
spectrometer that looks at energetic neutrons bouncing off Mercury’s
surface. Water gives off a characteristic neutron signature. The
spacecraft measured the area around Mercury’s north pole and found
this characteristic signature, suggesting that between 100 billion and
1 trillion tons of water ice was present somewhere in the area. But
the neutron spectrometer has fairly low resolution, on the order of
hundreds of miles, so it can’t definitively say if this water is
inside the craters. (If it were outside, daytime temperatures would
have boiled the water away.)"

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...anics-mercury/

Tons of water ice? Organic material?

Life!

Double-A

Old January 15th 13, 11:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Jan 15, 6:35*pm, Double-A wrote:
[...]

AA Sounds like our Moons pole craters that show white stuff inside
its north pole craters that are shaded from the Sun. Still I don't
trust Mafia NASA any further than I can throw one of those $25,000,000
toilets. How come NASA does not mention that Mercury has no
atmosphere. and its surface temp. is 800F. I know why. TreBert
Old January 15th 13, 11:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Jan 15, 3:48*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
[...]

Mercury has an atmosphe

http://www.universetoday.com/22088/a...re-of-mercury/

The surface temperature would only apply to places where the Sun hit.

Double-A

Old January 15th 13, 11:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 15, 3:35*pm, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Why of course, the crust of Mercury is so gosh darn insulative that
not even any of its core geothermal heat escapes, nor any secondary/
recoil energy ever gets anywhere near those polar craters. Mercury
probably has too much atmosphere protecting those ice filled craters.

Must be something wrong with our planet, and even a whole lot worse
with Venus.
Old January 16th 13, 12:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 15, 3:48*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
[...]

Except that none of our moon polar craters has ever imaged as holding
any "snow white stuff" as raw exposed ice. If it's there at all, it's
covered up by tens of meters worth of dust and shards.

The average reflective albedo of that physically dark moon, of which
the Apollo era pegged for us as perfectly inert and hardly the least
bit dusty as well as nothing much radioactive or otherwise nasty to
fret, is actually just a wee bit over 7% reflective (that's roughly at
best an eight as good as yellow snow).

A basic gamma spectrometer of the late 60s shouldn't have had any
problems whatsoever detecting surface ice. Add in radar imaging and
it should be next to impossible for ice to remain hidden. In other
words, as per usual, they're just yanking our chains and toying with
us, so that they can continue doing as they please.

Old January 16th 13, 12:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Jan 15, 6:55*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Jan 15, 3:48*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:

[...]

Well after reading that site its atmosphere is close to zero. I
relate Mercury to our moon. All those craters. Solar wind bad for
life No blocking Sun's harmful rays Bad for life Mecury obits once in
59 Earth days bad for life It has no seasons bad for life Smallest
planet bad for life. I could go on,but only Mafia NASA can find
running water needed for life. My photon pin wheel would work well on
Mercury. TreBert
Old January 16th 13, 12:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

THERE'S SOMETHING VERY WRONG, GOOFY, BUT IT'S YOUR BRAIN!

YOU ARE VERY ****ING INSANE!

VILLAGE IDIOT!

Saul Levy

Old January 16th 13, 12:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

[...]

Wow! PhotoShop
http://ut-images.s3.amazonaws.com/wp...401856c5_k.jpg

Is that mission gone colorblind, or is it just cross-eyed.
Old January 16th 13, 12:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Jan 15, 7:18*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 15, 3:48*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:

[...]

yYou got the picture. Its GOP Mafia NASA,and they can con the
public,and who can stop them. NASA can't be taken before congress,GOP
is part of congress,and the Mafia is to big to rub the wrong way.
TreBert
Old January 16th 13, 01:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 15, 3:48*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately that oligarch and Skull and Bones kind of GOP/Mafia
authority over whomever we elect or appoint has been around form the
very get go. Even Jesus Christ had to pay the ultimate price because
of it.