A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Never Get There !



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 18th 17, 10:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
SteveGG
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 69
Default Never Get There !

We are limited to 3E8 m/sec and all space travel is likely to be far
slower. But even at 3E8 it's still over 4 years to the nearest star.
Now we know why we've never been or likely to be visited by other
intelligent species. Also, if some God presides over everything, then
he's got to be a very slow thinker since thoughts must also be limited
to 3E8 and likely far less.
  #2  
Old June 18th 17, 10:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,336
Default Never Get There !



SteveGG wrote:
We are limited to 3E8 m/sec and all space travel is likely to be far
slower. But even at 3E8 it's still over 4 years to the nearest star.
Now we know why we've never been or likely to be visited by other
intelligent species. Also, if some God presides over everything, then
he's got to be a very slow thinker since thoughts must also be limited
to 3E8 and likely far less.






What WE might be limited to, should not be taken as that other life forms
would also have the same limitations.
It was concensus at one time in history that humans could never survive the
speed of steam powered trains.

Not forgetting that E.T's who evevolved hundreds of thousands of years ago
would likely have developed technologies we could never even imagine.
Or that mankind given another 10,000 years could not master time travel, and
evolved to a form that if they came from the future to the present, we
would not even recognize them as humans.

How do you know that the flying saucers we see now, are not just future
historians ?



  #3  
Old June 18th 17, 11:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,993
Default Never Get There !

"Bast" wrote in message news

SteveGG wrote:
We are limited to 3E8 m/sec and all space travel is likely to be far
slower. But even at 3E8 it's still over 4 years to the nearest star.
Now we know why we've never been or likely to be visited by other
intelligent species. Also, if some God presides over everything, then
he's got to be a very slow thinker since thoughts must also be limited
to 3E8 and likely far less.



What WE might be limited to, should not be taken as that other life forms
would also have the same limitations.
It was concensus at one time in history that humans could never survive the
speed of steam powered trains.

Not forgetting that E.T's who evevolved hundreds of thousands of years ago
would likely have developed technologies we could never even imagine.
Or that mankind given another 10,000 years could not master time travel, and
evolved to a form that if they came from the future to the present, we
would not even recognize them as humans.

How do you know that the flying saucers we see now, are not just future
historians ?



*** A lot of people were afraid that Chuck Yeager would not survive
breaking the sound barrier in the X-1 rocket ...

  #4  
Old June 19th 17, 12:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Never Get There !

On 19/06/2017 7:39 AM, Bast wrote:
SteveGG wrote:
We are limited to 3E8 m/sec and all space travel is likely to be far
slower. But even at 3E8 it's still over 4 years to the nearest star.
Now we know why we've never been or likely to be visited by other
intelligent species. Also, if some God presides over everything, then
he's got to be a very slow thinker since thoughts must also be limited
to 3E8 and likely far less.






What WE might be limited to, should not be taken as that other life forms
would also have the same limitations.
It was concensus at one time in history that humans could never survive the
speed of steam powered trains.

Not forgetting that E.T's who evevolved hundreds of thousands of years ago
would likely have developed technologies we could never even imagine.
Or that mankind given another 10,000 years could not master time travel, and
evolved to a form that if they came from the future to the present, we
would not even recognize them as humans.

How do you know that the flying saucers we see now, are not just future
historians ?



Good point. I like that idea.

: )



---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

  #5  
Old June 19th 17, 12:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
SteveGG
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 69
Default Never Get There !

Fundamental laws of physics dictate a 3E8 speed limit on everything.
No exceptions anywhere. Sure you can fantasize, about any crazy thing
you want, like time travel which is patently ridiculous, but any
meaningful argument must deal with physical laws.
  #6  
Old June 19th 17, 01:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,336
Default Never Get There !



SteveGG wrote:
Fundamental laws of physics dictate a 3E8 speed limit on everything.
No exceptions anywhere. Sure you can fantasize, about any crazy thing
you want, like time travel which is patently ridiculous, but any
meaningful argument must deal with physical laws.










CAREFUL....Your closed mind is showing.
That "existing laws" are the only option that can be discussed is what
forced the earth to start orbiting the sun, and not the other way around as
it was up until that young upstart Coppernicus caused all kinds of problems.

Only psedo-sciences like global warming/climate change, start it's research
with a final conclusion.
And then keep experimenting to come up with a method of getting to that
already decided final conclusion.

Of course psedo-science or PROPAGANDA (as most of us call it), is practiced
daily outside of labs, by the mainstream media.
Why else could there be discussions of Trump working with the Russians, and
THEN all the liberals are forming committiees to desperately find some
eveidence that does not yet exist, to support their claims.



  #7  
Old June 19th 17, 02:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,336
Default Never Get There !



Bast wrote:
SteveGG wrote:
Fundamental laws of physics dictate a 3E8 speed limit on everything.
No exceptions anywhere. Sure you can fantasize, about any crazy thing
you want, like time travel which is patently ridiculous, but any
meaningful argument must deal with physical laws.










CAREFUL....Your closed mind is showing.
That "existing laws" are the only option that can be discussed is what
forced the earth to start orbiting the sun, and not the other way
around as it was up until that young upstart Coppernicus caused all
kinds of problems.
Only psedo-sciences like global warming/climate change, start it's
research with a final conclusion.
And then keep experimenting to come up with a method of getting to that
already decided final conclusion.

Of course psedo-science or PROPAGANDA (as most of us call it), is
practiced daily outside of labs, by the mainstream media.
Why else could there be discussions of Trump working with the Russians,
and THEN all the liberals are forming committiees to desperately find
some eveidence that does not yet exist, to support their claims.








OOPS,....how silly of me to forget to mention the granddaddy of
psuado-science........9/11

Where completely new rules of physics were created by politicians. And then
the research was made up to support those new and totally unrepeateble one
time rules.
Even to make 21 pages of the 9/11 report completely vanish.

Brought to you by the same people who gave you the Gulf of Tonkin " incident
", and are now teaching you how to think about climate change.

So be a good little citizen, pay your taxes, and never question what you
are told.

The politicians know it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk0tIqsbYM







  #8  
Old June 20th 17, 12:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
SteveGG
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 69
Default Never Get There !

Completely, all assed backwards as usual ...
  #9  
Old June 20th 17, 07:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,336
Default Never Get There !



SteveGG wrote:
Completely, all assed backwards as usual ...







The time travelers from the future already told me you would type that.
Oh oh,....they just told me what you are typing next, and that type of
language is just not very nice at all
......I'm done, goodbye.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2017 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.