ASTRO: NGC 2146

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 1st 10, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Default ASTRO: NGC 2146

Two too brief periods of clear sky allowed me to collect luminance
data to replace poor luminance data collected in 2005.

Blinking the frames I selected for use was quite interesting as it
showed the frequent and rapid changes in both seeing and transparencey
that occur duiring the winter season. I was able to use about 60% of
the collected frames.

NGC 2146
Camelopardalis
Penryn, California
December 2003/2010
FS-128 (ag, ST-4) ST-10XME RGB 10 minute subs (2003)
M 250 @ f9.3 (ag, ST-4) ST-10XME Lum 10 minute subs (2010)

NGC 2146 is a star burst galaxy still experiencing the effects of a
collision or close encounter with NGC 2146a some tens of millions of
years ago. NGC 2146 is classified SBa-b/P, Surface brightness is
12.8 and red shift distance is 41 Mly.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc 2146-lrgb-M0510.jpg