Creating Singularities ??????

Old September 8th 04, 02:50 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Creating Singularities ??????

Lots of great minds don't like singularities in this group. I'm now
told Hawking's gave them up. Still this stimulates are thinking about
them. I posted lots of question marks to show singularities are tricky
stuff. We read singularities are at the exact center(core) of all black
holes. It was a singularity at the big bang that was the blue print to
create all there is.(DNA of the universe) Singularity contains all
that "information" Nature creates singularities by "gravity"(#1) and
acceleration(#2) Bert

Old September 8th 04, 04:41 PM
Luigi Caselli

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Lots of great minds don't like singularities in this group. I'm now
told Hawking's gave them up. Still this stimulates are thinking about
them. I posted lots of question marks to show singularities are tricky
stuff. We read singularities are at the exact center(core) of all black
holes. It was a singularity at the big bang that was the blue print to
create all there is.(DNA of the universe) Singularity contains all
that "information" Nature creates singularities by "gravity"(#1) and
acceleration(#2) Bert

I don't like singularities (but unfortunatly I'm not a great mind...)
IMHO believing of a singularity creating the universe is pure
sciencefiction...
We have to find a better solution, I hope in the next years (with better
observations) we solve some obscure points of current theory.
Now we're only joking with black holes (if they exist...), anyone can say
anything about them...

Luigi Caselli

Old September 8th 04, 10:36 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

L C Yes you can say anything about BH that comes to mind.No hind sight.
No future predictions etc. BH are "now' Bert

Old September 9th 04, 01:01 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A You say singularities don't occur in the physical
world(universe),and its written black holes are not part of the physical
world(go figure) I see the core of a black hole cut off from the
universe. I see the BH core as a place gravity has squeezed "all there
is" into elementary particles(building blocks) and took away all space
between these particles. I see no motion at the exact center of a black
hole. That is why I posted no "entropy"( no disorder or randomness)
Without motion no heat. Seems Double-A we are hung up on a singularity
having no volume(like it is not immersed in the three dimensions of
space or the fourth dim4dimention "time" I have trouble with that
feature. Even a string in string theory might not have a thickness,but
it has length. Well to me singularities are
one of the last stops made by the compression force of gravity.
Gravity created the universe,and after the big bang evolved it into
us,and now it can see itself. Bert PS I'll get some flaming on a BH
having no entropy Jacob Bekenstein thought otherwise,and he had
"Princeton"with Wheeler as his back ground

Old September 9th 04, 02:41 PM
Luigi Caselli

"Double-A" ha scritto nel messaggio
om...

Information can only exist as arrays of physical entities, including
such qualities as velocity, temperature, direction, etc. At a point
singularity none of these things exist. Information cannot be stored
in any kind of array of things of varying qualities because there is
only one point-like entity with only one quality.

Therefore a singularity can contain no information at all.

If the universe arose from a singularity, then there could be no "blue
print", no "DNA". The only way information could be passed along, say
from a preceding collapsed universe, is if a complete singularity
never formed. If a singularity did form, then any preceding universe
was pointless, able to pass along nothing of its legacy to the
present.

Singularities only occur in math, not in the physical world.

I am happy there is someone else thinking that Black holes are only a
mathematical concept...
I agree that nothing can exist if it can't contain information at all.

Luigi Caselli

Old September 9th 04, 03:39 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A Math can't answer all questions,or prove all theories.
Godel knew this,and later Feynman. Once passing through the event
horizon the messenger particle the "photon" reflects back nothing. We
can only visualize with our thinking.(brain) Not all brains think
alike.We can have conflicting thoughts in our own brain.. We can't argue
with our selves.(it does not look nice) Bert

Old September 9th 04, 08:34 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Luigi Caselli
writes
"Double-A" ha scritto nel messaggio
. com...

[...]

You're confusing black holes and singularities. Singularities are a
necessary consequence of the current theories of the universe.
So are black holes, but both may be a result of some of those theories
being wrong. But the event horizon that defines a black hole isn't a
singularity.
Either way, you surely can't have missed recent claims that black holes
don't destroy all the information that goes into them.
--
What have they got to hide? Release the ESA Beagle 2 report.
Old September 9th 04, 10:02 PM
Double-A

(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote in message ...
Hi Double-A You say singularities don't occur in the physical
world(universe),and its written black holes are not part of the physical
world(go figure) I see the core of a black hole cut off from the
universe. I see the BH core as a place gravity has squeezed "all there
is" into elementary particles(building blocks) and took away all space
between these particles. I see no motion at the exact center of a black
hole.

Of course there is no motion. According to GR, time dilation
approaches infinity at the event horizon. Yet time dilation is said
to increase more the deeper you go into a gravity well. Seems there
is a bit of a logic problem here. Anyway, with time having ground to
a virtual stop, there is no way a collapsing star can be squeezed any
further than the radius of the event horizon. Hence, no singularity
can form.

That is why I posted no "entropy"( no disorder or randomness)
Without motion no heat. Seems Double-A we are hung up on a singularity
having no volume(like it is not immersed in the three dimensions of
space or the fourth dim4dimention "time" I have trouble with that
feature. Even a string in string theory might not have a thickness,but
it has length. Well to me singularities are
one of the last stops made by the compression force of gravity.
Gravity created the universe,

Seems to me that gravity was the biggest thing preventing the creation
of the universe. The whole question, given the Big Bang scenario, is
how was gravity overcome to let the universe expand?

Old September 9th 04, 10:42 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A If gravity prevented the big bang. I would stop posting and
stay in bed. An inward force(gravity) can create an outward force,and we
see this happening every where in our universes. After the event
horizon comes the BH core. Bert