Q4 as Seen by CCD and Eyeball

Old May 20th 04, 07:28 PM
Dennis Persyk

Default Q4 as Seen by CCD and Eyeball

I created a C2001 Q4 NEAT mosaic on 17 May at 0215 UT. The mosaic
worked better for me than my previous effort using a 135 mm lens to
capture more of the tail.

I have profound respect for my fellow imagers who create mosaics –
they sure aren't easy! I also find stacking images of just the tail,
sans head, very difficult – there is nothing to register on!

I have included simulated views through the C-11 scope and 7x50
binoculars. I was surprised that the view was much better through the
binoculars at 7X than though the 11 inch SCT at 25X.

http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

Thank you for visiting my site.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk