Cnnnn in Australia

Old October 10th 03, 10:00 AM
Brett O'Callaghan

Default Cnnnn in Australia

Anyone in Australia see CNNNN last night? The theme for the week was
the impending launch of the new NASA space shuttle "Icarus". Cruel,
quite possibly poor taste, but very funny.

Byeeeee.
--
Gadzooks - here comes the Harbourmaster!
http://www.geocities.com/brettocallaghan - Newsgroup Stats for Agent
Old October 10th 03, 12:56 PM
Chris Bennetts

Brett O'Callaghan wrote:

Anyone in Australia see CNNNN last night? The theme for the week was
the impending launch of the new NASA space shuttle "Icarus". Cruel,
quite possibly poor taste, but very funny.

I agree. Worse was that most of the footage was of Columbia (although given
given the older markings on her wings, it was of a launch before her last
OMDP, ie it wasn't STS-107).

For the non-Australian audience, the punchline was that Houston exploded
rather than the shuttle. CNNNN is a weekly satirical "newstainment" show.

--Chris
Old October 11th 03, 12:00 AM
Brett O'Callaghan

Chris Bennetts wrote:

Brett O'Callaghan wrote:
Anyone in Australia see CNNNN last night? The theme for the week was
the impending launch of the new NASA space shuttle "Icarus". Cruel,
quite possibly poor taste, but very funny.

I agree. Worse was that most of the footage was of Columbia (although given
given the older markings on her wings, it was of a launch before her last
OMDP, ie it wasn't STS-107).
For the non-Australian audience, the punchline was that Houston exploded
rather than the shuttle. CNNNN is a weekly satirical "newstainment" show.

"Houston, you have a problem"

Byeeeee.
Old October 11th 03, 01:51 AM
Stuf4

From Chris Bennetts:
Brett O'Callaghan wrote:

Anyone in Australia see CNNNN last night? The theme for the week was
the impending launch of the new NASA space shuttle "Icarus". Cruel,
quite possibly poor taste, but very funny.

I agree. Worse was that most of the footage was of Columbia (although given
given the older markings on her wings, it was of a launch before her last
OMDP, ie it wasn't STS-107).

For the non-Australian audience, the punchline was that Houston exploded
rather than the shuttle. CNNNN is a weekly satirical "newstainment" show.

I'm not sure what statement they were going after, but here are some
thoughts:

One concept of justice is that those who make the mistakes reap the
consequences. But equity is not a concept that fits in the realm of
physics.

(Another way to say that -life isn't fair-, necessarily.)

~ CT