Apple are the best thing since sliced bread

Old December 18th 04, 07:20 PM
Ben

Default Apple are the best thing since sliced bread

After watching a few of thier keynote speaches on the internet, i now
totaly worship all things apple.

Afterall, what would you rather have, a big nooisy beige box that might
work if u ask nicly, or a sexy sreamlines clean cut compact machine
that you could throw rocks at and still have it work smoothly?
(and i dont even have a mac, or an ipod!)

Old December 18th 04, 07:26 PM
Kevin M. Vernon

*groan* Another one infected with "Macitude"

--
Remove "nospam" from domain part of address
ups.com...

Old December 18th 04, 07:41 PM

I'll take a nice, beige PC that will run rings around a mac
in nearly every app, and costs less to boot.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2...macvspciii.htm

Just imagine what an Athlon64 based system with DDR2
could do to the Mac!

ups.com...

Old December 18th 04, 09:24 PM
Bob Schmall

"Ben" wrote in message
ups.com...
After watching a few of thier keynote speaches on the internet, i now
totaly worship all things apple.

Afterall, what would you rather have, a big nooisy beige box that might
work if u ask nicly, or a sexy sreamlines clean cut compact machine
that you could throw rocks at and still have it work smoothly?
(and i dont even have a mac, or an ipod!)

Yeh, an there spell chekkers work good, to.

Old December 18th 04, 09:49 PM

Aww too bad that lovely review has one major flaw in it ..............
the Apple Macintosh used in it was DISCONTINUED 2 YEARS AGO!!
The current PowerPC 970 ( a derivative of the IBM Power4) 64 bit
processor machine occupying the same price range has dual 2.5 ghz
processors and a frontside 1.25ghz bus. Not only does it run rings
around the Athlons a 1100 unit (2200 cpus) cluster of them rank #7 in
the worlds fastest computers now AMD, Intel (p4 based) machines even
break the the top 20.

What would an Athlon64 based system with DDR2 do to a Mac ?????
Make it slow as molasses.

Old December 18th 04, 11:10 PM
Davoud

John Savard:
I'd rather have a machine for which a wide variety of software is
available at reasonable prices, thank you.

Another person who doesn't know squat about the Mac, writing about the
Mac. Mac software costs the same as identical or equivalent software
for Windows. (Except for viruses, spyware, and other malware -- you
can't get any of those for the Mac at any price.)

Davoud
Mac OS X, Windows XP Pro

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 18th 04, 11:43 PM
RichA

On 18 Dec 2004 11:20:39 -0800, "Ben" wrote:

After watching a few of thier keynote speaches on the internet, i now
totaly worship all things apple.

Afterall, what would you rather have, a big nooisy beige box that might
work if u ask nicly, or a sexy sreamlines clean cut compact machine
that you could throw rocks at and still have it work smoothly?
(and i dont even have a mac, or an ipod!)

Apples should be stomped into the ground and used to fertilize
a crop of decent machines. I'm sick of seeing Apple pay EVERY
television show and movie studio to constantly showcase
their products, to make people think they have a strong diffusion
in most workplaces, BECAUSE THEY DON'T!!!!!!!
Old December 18th 04, 11:58 PM
Pat O'Connell

Davoud wrote:
John Savard:
I'd rather have a machine for which a wide variety of software is
available at reasonable prices, thank you.

Another person who doesn't know squat about the Mac, writing about the
Mac. Mac software costs the same as identical or equivalent software
for Windows. (Except for viruses, spyware, and other malware -- you
can't get any of those for the Mac at any price.)

I assure you that Mac viruses have existed--I once had to remove them
from a network of Macs.

The _real_ problem with Macs is that many software packages available
for Windows have never been ported to Macs, and probably never will be.

BTW I do own an iPod, which is Windows compatible. I am not an OS snob,
though I wish someone would create a clean window manager for Linux. I'm
underwhemed by Gnome and its dancing icons/mouse pointers.

--
Pat O'Connell
[note munged EMail address]
Old December 19th 04, 12:08 AM
Jon Isaacs

The _real_ problem with Macs is that many software packages available
for Windows have never been ported to Macs, and probably never will be.

That and the inability to run high-end scientific hardware....

Stuff like this just won't run with a MAC:

http://www.drs.com/products/index.cf...&productID=291

Jon
Old December 19th 04, 12:20 AM
T.T.

"RichA" wrote in message
On 18 Dec 2004 11:20:39 -0800, "Ben" wrote:

We have been trolled.
We have fallen for it.
Again.
As we always will.
Another bout of refractor/reflector is surely about to fall on us.
Astrology.
Evolution/creation.
Sigh.

Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Policy 0 October 16th 04 03:54 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Amateur Astronomy 0 October 12th 04 02:50 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Misc 0 May 3rd 04 01:49 AM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Policy 0 December 12th 03 11:57 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Policy 0 October 14th 03 11:58 PM