A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Astronomy and Astrophysics » Amateur Astronomy
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Evidence for Supernovas Near Earth

Old August 28th 14, 02:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Evidence for Supernovas Near Earth

"oriel36" wrote in message

There are a lot of empirical riff-raff hanging around the group which
amounts to people who can't think straight,can't adjust or adapt to
information or logic.
========================================
You don't have to, you know. Everyone else knows you can't think, straight
or curved, and we don't need empirical riff-raff like you anyway.

-- The Reverend Lord Androcles.
REWARD £500
I'm not the government,
if I were it would £20,000,000,
but I am offering £500 for the
head of the murderer of James
Foley, on a spike, mounted on
London Bridge as we would have
done in medieval times. Add your
own contribution and spread the
word. It's eye for an eye, tooth
for a tooth, head for a head,
barbarism for barbarism.

Old August 28th 14, 04:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:49:18 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

You have academics going to these institutions today who really imagine that the crust moves over a stationary Earth notion of 'hotspots' so that evolutionary geology becomes unworkable or at least the dynamic mechanism which leaves clues on the surface crust.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...4_hotspot.html

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/hawaii.html

http://www.platetectonics.com/book/page_17.asp

It seems to me that the science is well understood...
Old August 28th 14, 10:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:39:48 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

"The Hawaiian Islands where formed by such a hot spot occurring in the middle of the Pacific Plate. While the hot spot itself is fixed, the plate is moving. So, as the plate moved over the hot spot, the string of islands that make up the Hawaiian Island chain were formed." NOAA

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/hawaii.html

I can't imagine anyone believing that while keeping a straight face yet I know these academics are dead serious even if they lack common sense. Even a provisional mechanism such as stationary Earth convection cells are meant to move the surface crust via the movement of the fluid interior yet here with have the magic of empiricism where the crust moves over a stationary fluid or 'hotspot' !!!!.

As for astronomers, they are supposed to inform everyone that a rotating fluid celestial object does not rotate as a unit from Equator to Poles but has a shearing zonal flow where there is an uneven rotational gradient present with the Earth being no exception. The entire Mid Atlantic Ridge basically screams out this mechanism with its unique 'S' feature splitting horizontally at the Equator -

http://www.marinebio.net/marinescien...g/atlantic.jpg

Get this,before rotation was ever considered elsewhere as a viable mechanism in any meaningful way,I had brought differential rotation to the attention of this newsgroup where the 26 mile spherical deviation in tandem with crustal evolution/motion mesh so neatly but what happened !, a bunch of know-nothings went on an assertion binge with rotation and couldn't put a decent narrative together.

Some chance of discussing stellar evolution in terms of those rings around SN1987A and the possibility that certain supernova generate a solar system as a transition phase in the life cycle of a star. I had worked on stellar evolution in 1990 with these rings while the rings themselves weren't observed until May 1994.

There must be incredibly lazy people out there siphoning money from the wider population under false pretenses and that is the problem,if they were doing their jobs out of talent and intelligence I wouldn't have to come here and explain everything even allowing for the presence of hopeless celestial sphere magnification guys like yourself with a surface intelligence that makes creationists look like intellectual giants.