The First Step in Creating a Space Age - Treat Earth as a Planet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 8th 10, 03:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default The First Step in Creating a Space Age - Treat Earth as a Planet

On Nov 7, 5:38*pm, William Mook wrote:
There are about 10,000 large shipping vessels that carry a total of
1.1 billion dead weight tons. *This is about 110,000 tons each. *At
$200 million each this is a total infrastructure cost of $22
trillion. * These deliver 15 billion tons of cargo per year taking 45
days to cycle.

We are contemplating 16 million airships carrying 40 tons each - 0.64
billion dead weight tons - having a cycle time of 2.25 days delivering
delivering 140 billion tons of cargo per year - with far greater
flexibility than is possible with sea going ships. *If the same $22
trillion is allocated to these 16 million airships, we have a target
cost of $1.375 million per ship - in these quantities.

"We"

Can you be a little more specific as to who or whomever this "We"
represents?

Right for now it seems "We" = William Mook

~ BG