Help LX90 Autostar quirk

Old November 12th 03, 09:20 PM
Darrell M

Default Help LX90 Autostar quirk

I wonder if any LX90 owners out there can help me?

Had my LX90 for over a year now and the Autostar has a quirk - at
least one of the menus (Object - Solar system - to view the planets)
has never worked. It doesn't even get close, it's way out looking at a
different part of the sky to where the object should be.

In all other respects the scope works fine, aligns no problem, usually
use it in Guided Tour - Tonight's Best mode, and it finds the objects
every time. Been doing this for over a year with no problems, but the
Objects menu fails to find every time.

I thought it may be due to an old version of Autostar, so I updated to
V30E tonight and still the same, Objects menu will not work. I
typically use the scope several times a week so am pretty familiar
with it, I've trained the drive, checked the battery level etc. but
still no joy.

Can anyone confirm that 'Objects - Solar System' works on their LX90
and, if so, any thought as to why mine doesn't work?

Thanks,
Darrell
Old November 13th 03, 12:51 AM
james vincent

Hi
My Lx 90 works perfectly on the solar system. The telescope is set up on
alt azimuth two star alignment with the correct time , date and the day
light saving time turned off. with the solar system object entered into the
menu the drive motors whine and the object is there. If your scope is
behaving differently then give B C & F a Call on 01892 616130

--
Wishing you clear dark skies
CfDS local officer

Old November 16th 03, 05:05 PM
Darrell M

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:51:14 -0000, "james vincent"
wrote:

Hi
My Lx 90 works perfectly on the solar system. The telescope is set up on
alt azimuth two star alignment with the correct time , date and the day
light saving time turned off. with the solar system object entered into the
menu the drive motors whine and the object is there. If your scope is
behaving differently then give B C & F a Call on 01892 616130

Looks like it's just my scope then, thanks for confirming it does work
on the LX90. Am a bit perplexed 'cos it aligns OK and finds everything
via Tonights Best, it's just the Solar System menu that does not work
correctly.

Cheers,
Darrell