buying an etx-125 from abroard?

Old October 10th 03, 01:19 PM
A. Edwards

Default buying an etx-125 from abroard?

Err - ChrisB mumbled something like:
I bought a mint condition ETX-125 in a Meade hard case with some
Meade 4000 SPs and a few other bits and bobs from a chap in the
States through eBay for the princely sum of £410. The £120 p&p was a
shock, but all in all not bad, especially as there doesn't appear to
be VAT or import tax on second hand goods (or maybe I just got lucky).

Trust me - you got lucky :O) I just had a £170 VAT/Excise bill for a 10"
SCT OTA :O(

Obviously normal eBay common sense applies, but I'd do it again. I
keep seeing LX200s on the US eBay, but don't want to imagine the p&p
on one of those...

Not to mention the fact that you pay VAT on the postage as well!

Arthur

52:30:25N, 1:17:51E
http://www.ambermile.co.uk

---

Buying 2nd hand George P Misc 2 August 30th 03 11:32 PM
Buying advice needed for telescope Swaroop Kumar Amateur Astronomy 10 August 8th 03 03:03 AM
Buying a telescope Red Dragon Misc 2 July 1st 03 07:07 PM