Attn: Brad Guth: Venus by Ben Bova

Old August 13th 14, 07:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Dean Markley

Default Attn: Brad Guth: Venus by Ben Bova

In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?
Old August 13th 14, 11:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 8/13/2014 2:21 PM, Dean Markley wrote:
In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?

Brad has no time to read those spendy 'books'.
Well, maybe if he sells some of his carborando he'll have the cash.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFobnv93AMM
Old August 13th 14, 11:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:21:31 AM UTC-7, Dean Markley wrote:
In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?

Have not intentionally read a fiction book in my life, though so much of our mainstream science and news media is full of fiction. My bad, sorry about that.

There's nothing fiction about the planet Venus to look at, that is as long as you are looking at those Magellan radar obtained images.

Do you even understand how radar imaging works?

Have you ever interpreted any remote geology in your life?

Have you ever interpreted aerial/satellite images for our DoD/Pentagon?
Old August 14th 14, 01:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Brad Guth: Venus by Ben Bova

"Brad Guth" wrote in message

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:21:31 AM UTC-7, Dean Markley wrote:
In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read
science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?

Have not intentionally read a fiction book in my life, though so much
of our mainstream science and news media is full of fiction. My bad,
sorry about that.

*** You are the epitome of rather bad science fiction ...
It is obvious that you don't read your screed after clicking
on "Send" ...

Old August 14th 14, 01:45 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:35:10 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:21:31 AM UTC-7, Dean Markley wrote:

In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?

Have not intentionally read a fiction book in my life,

All lies, that fiction!

though so much of our mainstream science and news media is full of fiction.

You sure got that right!

Double-A

Old August 14th 14, 03:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:45:23 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:35:10 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:21:31 AM UTC-7, Dean Markley wrote:

In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?

Have not intentionally read a fiction book in my life,

All lies, that fiction!

though so much of our mainstream science and news media is full of fiction.

You sure got that right!

Double-A

At least most published fiction is based upon the best available science, and usually sticks within the known laws of physics.
Old August 14th 14, 01:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Dean Markley

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:18:02 PM UTC-4, Brad Guth wrote:
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:45:23 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:35:10 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:21:31 AM UTC-7, Dean Markley wrote:

In a reasonable attempt to veer from the usual....Brad, do you read science fiction? If so, have you read the novel Venus by Ben Bova?

Have not intentionally read a fiction book in my life,

All lies, that fiction!

though so much of our mainstream science and news media is full of fiction.

You sure got that right!

Double-A

At least most published fiction is based upon the best available science, and usually sticks within the known laws of physics.

Which is why I asked if you had read the book. It's chock full of technical details on Venus and the difficulties of exploring it.
Old August 14th 14, 02:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 5:03:18 AM UTC-7, Dean Markley wrote:
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:18:02 PM UTC-4, Brad Guth wrote:

At least most published fiction is based upon the best available science, and usually sticks within the known laws of physics.

Which is why I asked if you had read the book. It's chock full of technical details on Venus and the difficulties of exploring it.

What's with this notion of exploring it?

I was always focused upon exploiting it, and of perhaps interacting with those already there, starting with the active area of GuthVenus.

Are you suggesting that our planet is more than big enough as is, and has a secret vast surplus of everything affordable that future generations are ever going to need?

Do tell, how the lower 99.9% caste is going to feed itself when the cheapest 500 calorie Happy-Meal is $100 (I'd need to consume at least 5 of those per day), energy is based upon a minimum of $1/kwhr and advanced training and/or schooling is costing more than a million dollars per year?

Are you still using a braille or an etch-a-sketch tablet computer?

Old August 20th 14, 05:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Martin Humphries head of the giant Humphries Space Systems at his 100th birthday party announces a prize of ten billion dollars to anyone who can recover any remains of his eldest son Alex.

As everyone who monitors the hypernet knows, Alex was killed two years ago on a mission to Venus.

Van Humphries, that's Martin's son and younger brother to Alex, takes up the challenge despite, and because of, a mutual dislike between son and father.

Van assembles a ship and crew and heads off to Venus, shadowed by the mysterious Lars Fuchs.

Upon entering the Venusian atmosphere they find the clouds are alive with bacterial life which, unfortunately, takes a liking to the ship. The ship is soon in trouble as it is eaten away by the bacteria.

Van's more conservative ship is quickly eaten away by the bacteria, while Lars' bulky ship manages to survive.

Van is rescued by Lars Fuch's ship but most of his crew are lost.

Van finds Lars a brutal yet intelligent man who rules his ship with a rod of iron. The heat builds as they descend through the Venusian atmosphere. Lars has to deal with mutiny and they find out that Lars Fuchs is Van Humphries' real father.

The intense heat, Lars' and Van's health and volcanic activity all conspire to produce a climactic finale, in which a sulfur-based lifeform is revealed to exist on Venus.

Alex's remains are recovered, he returns to Earth and the money is claimed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNOwPOwJr04

Hoo rah!

Venus - Shocking Blue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhkyyCvUHk