US dealer on Yahoo telescopesuk

Old November 4th 03, 02:01 PM
Martin Brown

Default US dealer on Yahoo telescopesuk

In message , gp.skinner
writes
SNIP
So yes you'd save about £500 if everything goes to plan and there is

nothing
wrong with the unit when it arrives. Or you'll blow £400 in getting a
replacement under warranty. And these things do go wrong, check Cloudy
Nights reviews......

Yes its a risk, but surely the fact that a US company is shipping to the UK
will have an impact on UK suppliers.

It is more likely to have a punitive impact on the US company. They are
breaking their trade agreement with their suppliers and will likely
suffer badly for it. If you do find a US supplier willing to turn a
blind eye and sell stuff over the pond do not advertise the fact on
Usenet.

UK dealers would not sell anything to me at my Belgian address when I
lived on the continent. Prohibited by their territory restrictions. But
if I go into their shop in person or bounce it off a friends address no
problem.

to be much less than that of a scope, and eyepieces, filters etc are all
going to attract many I would think.

Eyepieces, simple optics and filters are fair game internationally.
Electromechanical gear has an unfortunate tendency to infant mortality.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown