Can't Go to Mars, Nope, Just Can't

Old November 4th 06, 07:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Can't Go to Mars, Nope, Just Can't

Mars is way too dusty!

Have to go back to planet Selene (the Moon)
first. And the Moon's way too dusty, too!

And it's not dust like our Earth dust, either. It's
much worse...

http://www.physorg.com/news3450.html

Nope, we just can't go to Mars.

Did you know? The regolith on Mars in some
places is up to ten meters thick? Imagine you're
on Mars and you're digging... SHWOOOP!

And you're swallowed up by some kind of sinkhole!

Too, too, waay too dangerous--hazards galore!

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

--
happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.painellsworth.net
http://www.savethechildren.org

Old November 4th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Painius wrote:
Mars is way too dusty!

Have to go back to planet Selene (the Moon)
first. And the Moon's way too dusty, too!

And it's not dust like our Earth dust, either. It's
much worse...

http://www.physorg.com/news3450.html

Nope, we just can't go to Mars.

Did you know? The regolith on Mars in some
places is up to ten meters thick? Imagine you're
on Mars and you're digging... SHWOOOP!

And you're swallowed up by some kind of sinkhole!

Too, too, waay too dangerous--hazards galore!

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

--
happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.painellsworth.net
http://www.savethechildren.org

Nothing a little irrigation won't solve. Wet the ground to settle the
dust. We could dig irrigation ditches to bring water down from the
poles.

Imagine that! Canals on Mars!

Double-A

Old November 4th 06, 03:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Doug[_1_]

Painius wrote:

Mars is way too dusty!

Have to go back to planet Selene (the Moon)
first. And the Moon's way too dusty, too!

Have you read this article? (Was posted previously in another thread.)
It turns out that the Moon has a very thin "atmosphere" of
electrostatically lofted surface dust. The 'Famous Footprint' might not
last as long as once thought.

http://airspacemag.com/issues/2006/a...ember/dust.php

Doug

Old November 4th 06, 04:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"Doug" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

Mars is way too dusty!

Have to go back to planet Selene (the Moon)
first. And the Moon's way too dusty, too!

Have you read this article? (Was posted previously in another thread.)
It turns out that the Moon has a very thin "atmosphere" of
electrostatically lofted surface dust. The 'Famous Footprint' might not
last as long as once thought.

http://airspacemag.com/issues/2006/a...ember/dust.php

Doug

Wow Doug! -- and i thought my fear of lightning
would be a moot point when i got to Mars. Here
i find out that there might be LIGHTNING in every
one of those mega-dust devil things! Yup! i was
right!...

CAN'T go to Mars, nope, just CAN'T !

Thanks, Doug, that is a most informative article
about what engineers are calling the number 1
challenge for a trip to Mars. Dern Dust gets into...

EV'rything

Maybe we could go to a movie instead?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 4th 06, 04:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"Double-A" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

Mars is way too dusty!

Have to go back to planet Selene (the Moon)
first. And the Moon's way too dusty, too!

And it's not dust like our Earth dust, either. It's
much worse...

http://www.physorg.com/news3450.html

Nope, we just can't go to Mars.

Did you know? The regolith on Mars in some
places is up to ten meters thick? Imagine you're
on Mars and you're digging... SHWOOOP!

And you're swallowed up by some kind of sinkhole!

Too, too, waay too dangerous--hazards galore!

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

Nothing a little irrigation won't solve. Wet the ground to settle the
dust. We could dig irrigation ditches to bring water down from the
poles.

Imagine that! Canals on Mars!

Double-A

LOL... Deja Vu, Marsian style !

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 4th 06, 04:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Can't Go... PLEASE Mr. Nasa--I Don' Wanna Go

"Double-A" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

Mars is way too dusty!

http://www.physorg.com/news3450.html

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

Nothing a little irrigation won't solve. Wet the ground to settle the
dust. We could dig irrigation ditches to bring water down from the
poles.

Imagine that! Canals on Mars!

Double-A

You know, AA?... It just occurred to me. That
article that Doug cited was partly about dust
devils that rose extremely high in the Marsian
sky, and that left wide swarthy paths in the
landscape. You think maybe there was a time?
back when scopers were supposedly seeing
canali (channels) on the surface of Mars? that
they were perhaps seeing the swarthy paths
made by monster Marsian dust devils?

Ref.:
http://airspacemag.com/issues/2006/a...ember/dust.php

PLEASE Mr. Nasa--I don' wanna go !

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 4th 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Painius wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

Mars is way too dusty!

http://www.physorg.com/news3450.html

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

Nothing a little irrigation won't solve. Wet the ground to settle the
dust. We could dig irrigation ditches to bring water down from the
poles.

Imagine that! Canals on Mars!

Double-A

You know, AA?... It just occurred to me. That
article that Doug cited was partly about dust
devils that rose extremely high in the Marsian
sky, and that left wide swarthy paths in the
landscape. You think maybe there was a time?
back when scopers were supposedly seeing
canali (channels) on the surface of Mars? that
they were perhaps seeing the swarthy paths
made by monster Marsian dust devils?

Could be. Huge dust storms have been observed on Mars.

Double-A

Old November 4th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Can't Go... Mars--It's an "Angry Red Planet" !

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message...
news:07jpk2h3rgdeu5p368fa5kpu0nvfd6j4fr@pasoschwei z.de...

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 07:54:02 GMT, "Painius"
wrote:

Too, too, waay too dangerous--hazards galore!

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

Ok, thanks, Painius! So I might change my plans for
Saturday night and stay at home with my TV :-)

C.

So sorry, C.... everything i've read from and about
you says you're of extraterrestrial roots. So, you
don't sport some kind of handy physical trait? or
maybe an advanced piece o' gear that would keep
the dust outta your bod?

But please don't share the info with Mr. Esa or Mr.
Nasa... i don' wanna be shipped out to that...

ANGRY RED PLANET !

So what's on TV Saturday night ;-?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 4th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"Double-A" wrote in message...
ps.com...

Painius wrote:

"Double-A" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

Mars is way too dusty!

http://www.physorg.com/news3450.html

Can't go to Mars, nope, just can't.

Nothing a little irrigation won't solve. Wet the ground to settle the
dust. We could dig irrigation ditches to bring water down from the
poles.

Imagine that! Canals on Mars!

Double-A

You know, AA?... It just occurred to me. That
article that Doug cited was partly about dust
devils that rose extremely high in the Marsian
sky, and that left wide swarthy paths in the
landscape. You think maybe there was a time?
back when scopers were supposedly seeing
canali (channels) on the surface of Mars? that
they were perhaps seeing the swarthy paths
made by monster Marsian dust devils?

Could be. Huge dust storms have been observed on Mars.

Double-A

Definitely something for all the Space Agencies
to take into consideration. It could be something
truly awesome that only happens in long-term
cycles. Then when it's over, the canali disappear
as if they ne'er were.

If our courageous astronuts happen to be out 'n
about when it starts, they might disappear along
with the canali. It could very well be...

ADIOS MUCHACHOS

(y muchachas as the case may be)

happy days and...
starry starry nights!