"Sunspots" in Earth's Core?

Old September 20th 05, 06:12 AM
Sam Wormley

Charles Cagle wrote:
On 9/16/05 15:05, in article
2, "John Schutkeker"
wrote:

Sam Wormley wrote in
news:FhrWe.331833$x96.29928@attbi_s72:

As a matter of geological record, the Earth's magnetic field has
undergone numerous reversals of polarity. We can see this in the
magnetic patterns found in volcanic rocks, especially those
recovered from the ocean floors. In the last 10 million years,
there have been, on average, 4 or 5 reversals per million years. At
other times in Earth's history, for example during the Cretaceous
era, there have been much longer periods when no reversals
occurred. Reversals are *not* predictable and are certainly *not*
periodic in nature. Hence we can only speak about the average
reversal interval.

Thanks for filling in the detail I neglected to google. What's your
specialty?

Earthspots... The dipole reversal process isn't simply a disappearance and
then reappearance of a dipole magnetic field. The underlying phenomenal
aspect of a star is a large scale standing wave boson... Like a Del X E or
Del X H vector field. The Del X E vector field should display the
characteristics of a magnetic dipole while the Del X H should display the
characteristic signature of an electric dipole. The sun during solar
maximum develops large scale polar coronal holes which are indicative of
large scale electric field gradients in the polar regions. Voila..the sun
during solar maximum ... Is just as it should be if its primary flux loop
system as a standing wave boson was in the Del X H vector field mode.

The Earth's EMT (electromagnetotoroid a.k.a as the Earth's own primary
standing wave boson) also can be stimulated into a mode change to the Del X
H vector field mode and then it should behave like the Sun's EMT producing
large scale magnetic loop systems that should emerge and be present on the
surface of the planet. Such loop systems, if they should collide and
collapse like similar systems on the sun would likely be accompanied by the
sudden and catastrophic release of tremendous amounts of energy. Where such
loops intersected the surface one should expect intense gravitational charge
separation effects that would perhaps be manifested in processes that would
prevent the emission of photons... ''

C. Cagle

Yes--This is the crackpot C. Cagle that has **** in this newsgroup in
the past. "gravitational charge separation effects" seem like a new kind
of horse poop Charles.

Thanks for registering at crank dot net.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Si...ww .crank.net

Old September 20th 05, 01:45 PM
John Schutkeker

Sam Wormley wrote in

John Schutkeker wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote in news:4cVWe.335771$_o.13024
@attbi_s71:

Was Atanasoff at ISU or UI? My last mentor (sadly not Atanasoff!)
went to ISU, and it's a good school which goes unnoticed in the
greater science world at large.

Atanasoff was at ISU

What were you PI on?
Old September 20th 05, 02:41 PM
John Schutkeker

Charles Cagle wrote in
:

Earthspots... The underlying
phenomenal aspect of a star is a large scale standing wave boson...
Like a Del X E or Del X H vector field. The Del X E vector field
should display the characteristics of a magnetic dipole while the Del
X H should display the characteristic signature of an electric dipole.
The sun during solar maximum develops large scale polar coronal
holes which are indicative of large scale electric field gradients in
the polar regions. Voila..the sun during solar maximum ... Is just as
it should be if its primary flux loop system as a standing wave boson
was in the Del X H vector field mode.

I assume Del X means Curl. I'm wondering if this is a similar argument
to the one I've inferred from "Solar Astrophysics" by Zirin. He says
that magnetic flux lines rise through the solar surface because of
magnetic buoyancy, a result of Alfven waves. Perhaps an accumulation of
a vast number of Alfven bundles can lead to the large scale Curl H loops
your source discusses.

What source was that, incicdentally?

The Earth's EMT (electromagnetotoroid a.k.a as the Earth's own primary
standing wave boson) also can be stimulated into a mode change to the
Del X H vector field mode and then it should behave like the Sun's EMT
producing large scale magnetic loop systems that should emerge and be
present on the surface of the planet. Such loop systems, if they
should collide and collapse like similar systems on the sun would
likely be accompanied by the sudden and catastrophic release of
tremendous amounts of energy. Where such loops intersected the
surface one should expect intense gravitational charge separation
effects that would perhaps be manifested in processes that would
prevent the emission of photons... ''

I'm thinking that this is where the Sun and the Earth differ in their
behavior. Because Earth's field reversal period is a quarter million
years, whereas the sun's is eleven years, earth should release
correspondingly fewer of the magnetic loops you describe above.

Likewise, because the earth's H field is much smaller than the sun's,
the strength of each loop will be correspondingly weaker. So I take
issue with the above author's assertion that the energy release would be
either tremendous or catastrophic. The energy release might be quite of
quite familiar magnitudes.

A first approximation to the magnitude (at the surface) of the field
loops that the earth sheds would be to simply take the ratio of earth's
H field at the surface (0.5 Gauss) to the magnitude of the sun's field
at it's surface. Then multiply by the magnitude of the H loops shed by
the sun to get the answer. Thus H_el/H_es ~ H_sl/H_ss can be used to
calculate H_el roughly, where l=loop and s=surface, e=earth and s=sun.

Unfortunately, I don't know the values of the sun's magnetic field at
its surface, nor the strength of the magnetic loops thrown off by the
sun, so I can't make the above calculation.

Old September 20th 05, 02:41 PM
Sam Wormley

John Schutkeker wrote:

Sam Wormley wrote in news:4cVWe.335771$_o.13024
@attbi_s71:

Was Atanasoff at ISU or UI? My last mentor (sadly not Atanasoff!)
went to ISU, and it's a good school which goes unnoticed in the
greater science world at large.

Atanasoff was at ISU

What were you PI on?

On just about everything... I suppose you are wanting to know about
some specific reaseach or development projects. One that I particularly
enjoyed was the development of direct sequence spread spectrum ultrasonic
inspection techniques.

Old September 20th 05, 10:22 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message %SMXe.354406$_o.236959@attbi_s71, Sam Wormley
writes
Charles Cagle wrote:
C. Cagle

Yes--This is the crackpot C. Cagle that has **** in this newsgroup in
the past. "gravitational charge separation effects" seem like a new kind
of horse poop Charles.

Thanks for registering at crank dot net.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Si...%22+site%3Awww
.crank.net

Long time no see, Chuckie!

We'll be getting posts from Aladar Stolmar next, unless he's died.
--
Boycott Yahoo!
Old September 21st 05, 02:40 PM
John Schutkeker

Sam Wormley wrote in

John Schutkeker wrote:

What were you PI on?

On just about everything... I suppose you are wanting to know about
some specific reaseach or development projects. One that I
particularly enjoyed was the development of direct sequence spread
spectrum ultrasonic inspection techniques.

That sounds more like engineering than physics, although certainly there's
plenty of overlap, especially in the early days of any particular
invention. I'm getting into celestial mechanics and plasma astrophysics.
How are you in those fields?

I used to be in fusion, but I bailed after many uncomfortable years of
being totally outclassed by all the super-brains around me. And then there
was Lidsky's article in "Tech Review," which was written at exactly the
same time I took his reactor design class. So he really rammed the
unfeasibility down our throats.

Old September 21st 05, 03:40 PM
Sam Wormley

John Schutkeker wrote:

What were you PI on?

On just about everything... I suppose you are wanting to know about
some specific reaseach or development projects. One that I
particularly enjoyed was the development of direct sequence spread
spectrum ultrasonic inspection techniques.

That sounds more like engineering than physics, although certainly there's
plenty of overlap, especially in the early days of any particular
invention.

Yeah it was... it was the applications and statistical analysis that
was more science than engineering.

I'm getting into celestial mechanics and plasma astrophysics.
How are you in those fields?

No experience with the plasma astrophysics, but I can read
the literature. I can hold my own with celestial mechanics
calculations.

Old September 21st 05, 09:46 PM
Jeff Root

Sam Wormley wrote:

Research Scientist and Principal Investigator at Iowa State
University twenty some years... Now I'm teaching astronomy
and developing educational materials.

Were you involved in the Mid-Continent Space Development
Conferences? I'm not sure if there were more than the
five I attended:

1992 Holiday Inn
1993 Holiday Inn
1994 ISU Union
1995 Best Western
1996 ISU Union

I also attended the Iowa Space Conference in Iowa City
in 1994.

Someone named William J. Byrd, of the Institute for
Physical Research and Technology, gave me his card at
the 1996 conference.

I met Robert Forward at the 1995 conference. He asked me
to witness a journal entry describing a new tether design
which becomes stronger if it breaks.

Others I met included Seth Shostak of SETI and Anthony
Zuppero of Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies. Probably
Bob Zubrin, too, although I saw him at so many different
locations I can't remember them all now.

I was given a tour of the Iowa Satellite Project facilities
in the aerospace engineering building by Darby Cooper, and
saw ISAT-1.

The students who organized the MCSDC made a Space version
of Pictionary, which inspired me to do the same, and when
I was in Huntsville somebody who was taking photos of Buzz
Aldrin wanted my game as a prop, so I got my picture in a
magazine at least pretending to play the game with Buzz.

I think it was in ISU Union, but possibly at a seventh
conference I couldn't think of when I put together the
list, that I met Jim Oberg and James Van Allen.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis