The future of electric cars

Old June 16th 16, 11:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
FredKartoffel

Default The future of electric cars

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 5:15:40 PM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:46:11 -0700 (PDT), FredKartoffel
wrote:

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 4:28:52 PM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:59:13 -0700 (PDT), FredKartoffel
wrote:

VW is planning to sell 20% of their vehicles as pure electrics by 2020. Here is one from their Porsche brand:
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uplo...00x395x1_5.jpg

I'm just hoping for a good electric or plug-in hybrid 4WD/AWD SUV or
crossover before I need a new car. That Porsche is pretty, but I don't
think it's going to cut it on my roads (or even my driveway)!

SUVs are coming. Tesla has one in the works. VW has some 20 models, this is just one, there are others in SUV sizes.

Yeah, I know it won't be too long. But I have 300,000 miles on my
current vehicle. It's not going to keep on forever.

That's a lot of miles. I tend to keep my vehicles for 15 years, after that they tend to nickel and dime. Recently took my oldest vehicle (100k miles) for brake work and it ended up costing more than $2100.00 Lots of rust and corrosion due to road salt.
Old June 16th 16, 11:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

VW is planning to sell 20% of their vehicles as pure electrics by 2020. Here is one from their Porsche brand:
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uplo...00x395x1_5.jpg

I'm just hoping for a good electric or plug-in hybrid 4WD/AWD SUV or
crossover before I need a new car. That Porsche is pretty, but I don't
think it's going to cut it on my roads (or even my driveway)!

SUVs are coming. Tesla has one in the works. VW has some 20 models, this is just one, there are others in SUV sizes.

Yeah, I know it won't be too long. But I have 300,000 miles on my
current vehicle. It's not going to keep on forever.

Then move to Denver, where everything is (or can be) within walking distance for you.

I don't want to live in Denver.
Old June 16th 16, 11:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

VW is planning to sell 20% of their vehicles as pure electrics by 2020. Here is one from their Porsche brand:
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uplo...00x395x1_5.jpg

I'm just hoping for a good electric or plug-in hybrid 4WD/AWD SUV or
crossover before I need a new car. That Porsche is pretty, but I don't
think it's going to cut it on my roads (or even my driveway)!

SUVs are coming. Tesla has one in the works. VW has some 20 models, this is just one, there are others in SUV sizes.

Yeah, I know it won't be too long. But I have 300,000 miles on my
current vehicle. It's not going to keep on forever.

That's a lot of miles. I tend to keep my vehicles for 15 years, after that they tend to nickel and dime. Recently took my oldest vehicle (100k miles) for brake work and it ended up costing more than $2100.00 Lots of rust and corrosion due to road salt.

Mine's a 1993. Definitely have gotten my money's worth. Luckily, I'm
never on road salt, and the climate here is dry. So there's no rust at
all. Still runs well, but... something will eventually go, and it
probably won't be economical to repair it.
Old June 16th 16, 11:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:31:40 PM UTC-4, FredKartoffel wrote:
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 5:18:28 PM UTC-5, peterson wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:52:26 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

(Besides, peterson doesn't NEED an SUV, he just WANTS an SUV.)

Peterson _needs_ an SUV-like vehicle- 4WD, high ground clearance, high
ceiling. You're not in a position to understand the driving needs of
others.

You forget, he's a dictator.

Actually, no. I believe in natural rights and individual freedoms, unlike you and peterson.

He dictates what you need.

No, I only point out the hypocrisy of you, peterson and a few others. I don't really care what most people do, so long as they don't hypocritically criticize others.

And if you don't give him full fealty and obeisance, he will stalk you.

There has been no "stalking" on my part. All the info needed to know your real name is readily available right here on this newsgroup. It's not really surprising that you won't admit to who you are, though.

Old June 16th 16, 11:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:38:04 PM UTC-4, peterson wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:26:40 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:18:28 PM UTC-4, peterson wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:52:26 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

(Besides, peterson doesn't NEED an SUV, he just WANTS an SUV.)

Peterson _needs_ an SUV-like vehicle- 4WD, high ground clearance, high
ceiling. You're not in a position to understand the driving needs of
others.

No, you don't NEED such a vehicle. You can LIVE somewhere else that has mass transit and walk-able neighborhoods. And if you were truly concerned about the environment, you would.

Do you have a vehicle? Why, if you don't need one?

BTW, living where I am allows me to have a very small environmental
impact.

Compared to All Bore and his pals. It's kind of hard to fly across the ocean and not have a huge CO2 footprint. Maybe you should get a small sailboat or an outrigger canoe?
Old June 16th 16, 11:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wrote:

VW is planning to sell 20% of their vehicles as pure electrics by 2020. Here is one from their Porsche brand:
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uplo...00x395x1_5.jpg

I'm just hoping for a good electric or plug-in hybrid 4WD/AWD SUV or
crossover before I need a new car. That Porsche is pretty, but I don't
think it's going to cut it on my roads (or even my driveway)!

SUVs are coming. Tesla has one in the works. VW has some 20 models, this is just one, there are others in SUV sizes.

Yeah, I know it won't be too long. But I have 300,000 miles on my
current vehicle. It's not going to keep on forever.

Then move to Denver, where everything is (or can be) within walking distance for you.

I don't want to live in Denver.

I don't blame you. How about NYC? They have good mass transit there.
Old June 17th 16, 12:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:40:23 PM UTC-4, peterson wrote:

Mine's a 1993. Definitely have gotten my money's worth. Luckily, I'm
never on road salt, and the climate here is dry. So there's no rust at
all. Still runs well, but... something will eventually go, and it
probably won't be economical to repair it.

You can probably get your dogs into this:

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...=GN_REFINEMENT

Not such great mileage but better than what you have now.

Old June 17th 16, 12:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
FredKartoffel

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 5:46:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

You act like a stalking sociopath. People do that when they want to intimidate someone. Your words are here for everyone to see. For some reason Peterson, ChrisB, Palsing, myself and a few others are on your ****list. You insert yourself in every thread and it always turns sour the minute you arrive..

What are you trying to accomplish?, whatever it is, it isn't working. You are a disgrace to the conservative cause, in fact you turn off true conservatives. And anyone else who might have contemplated becoming a conservative. And now you are acting like a stalking sociopath. This thread started out as factual about the coming of electric vehicles, and the moment you turned up we're off in left field again. Real conservatives are kind, caring persons who are most educated and can carry on an intelligent conversation without vindictiveness.