Skywatcher 750mm F5 and prime focus photography?

Old December 5th 04, 09:56 PM
Mika Yrjola

Default Skywatcher 750mm F5 and prime focus photography?

Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a T-adapter for the DSLR that I'm
about to buy, so that I could also try some prime focus
photography. Unfortunately, I've heard that it's not possible with all
telescopes, especially Newtonian reflectors, as it may be impossible
to reach the focus point.

So, what I'm curious about, is whether anyone has Skywatcher 750mm f/5
telescope and has tried prime focus stuff with it. The telescope is
supposedly sold by many other companies as well with just a different name,
and the original manufacturer is Synta.
Old December 5th 04, 10:39 PM
Phillip Smith

I have a 750mm f/5 refractor, for prime photography a extension to the
focuser was needed, A friend made one for on his lathe me , I have been told
that Vixen Extension will fit the Synta scopes

Phil

Old December 5th 04, 11:36 PM
Jon Isaacs

So, what I'm curious about, is whether anyone has Skywatcher 750mm f/5
telescope and has tried prime focus stuff with it.

Your scope is a Newtonian??? In most cases I think one cannot reach focus and
the 1.25 inch focuser may cause Vigenetting. You maybe able to install a 2
inch Low Profile focuser and kill 2 birds with one stone...

jon
Old December 6th 04, 05:21 AM
Laura Halliday

Mika Yrjola wrote in message ...

I've been thinking about getting a T-adapter for the DSLR that I'm
about to buy, so that I could also try some prime focus
photography. Unfortunately, I've heard that it's not possible with all
telescopes, especially Newtonian reflectors, as it may be impossible
to reach the focus point...

You can find out for yourself easily: point the
scope at something reasonably bright (I usually
use the Moon) and hold a white card off the end
of the focuser to see where prime focus is. Then
you can decide how to proceed.

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte