What if (on spin)

Old August 13th 08, 01:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if (on spin)

What if a galaxy spinning has to be taken into consideration as to it
moving in our direction or away from us? This thinking comes from the
closest galaxy to us the Andromeda. Tell me how we know it will hit us
in time. Than tell me about a galaxy that is 11 billion LY from us and
tell me why it is moving away from us at an accelerating rate. When you
give me the best answers I will bring in a new thought on spin.
Best to keep in mind I like an expanding universe,but still think in
both directions. Bert

Old August 13th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Everything spins. If it doesn't spin, it doesn't exist. (you'll have
to think outside the box)

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Old August 13th 08, 10:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

TW You are not answering my post. Stop playing games. stop telling me
what I do not know because you are prejudice thinker. Do it or get
lost. Bert

Old August 14th 08, 12:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Timberwoof[_2_]

In article ,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

TW You are not answering my post. Stop playing games. stop telling me
what I do not know because you are prejudice thinker. Do it or get
lost. Bert

I enjoyed the irony of your complaint that I did not answer your
question and your complaint that you know things. Oh, and the phrase is
"prejudiced thinker".

In article ,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

What if a galaxy spinning has to be taken into consideration as to it
moving in our direction or away from us?

You mean what if someone doing computer simulations of colliding
galaxies were to actually make the galaxies spin in the simulation? The
simplest research using Google and Wikipedia would reveal that the
astrophysicists working on this actually thought of that when they made
their simulations.[1] If you're clever you can find and download some
really stunning videos of simulated galactic collisions. They're
actually quite beautiful. It's just too bad that you haven't taken the
time to research this on your own, and instead depend on the charity of
others to find this stuff for you.

[1] Isn't that remarkable? Given how a lot of people here ignore all the
work that actual astrophysicists do, one might think that those guys
don't know anything worth knowing. But it turns out that every time,
those guys have already thought of your question and have answered it.
.... and they published their answer where other scientists, jealous for
the spotlight, can read it and try to poke holes in it. So those
theories must be pretty good, especially compared to what people tend to
post around here.

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com
http://www.timberwoof.com
Old August 14th 08, 01:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

TW When I posted galaxies colliding I mentioned as I typed I was
looking at the picture of NGC 2207 and IC2163 and the Cartwheel
galaxy(no Google needed). It still can be found. Your problem is you
jump before you think. I am not a parrot that has to run to Google.
Chances are I know the answer or can think of an answer . I like
to discuss all that is known. I like to express my own ideas. That is
the reason I am in these discussion groups. I like to add some thing,and
receive some thing. I like criticism but not when it starts with an
attack. Bert

Old August 14th 08, 03:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Timberwoof[_2_]

In article ,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

TW When I posted galaxies colliding I mentioned as I typed I was
looking at the picture of NGC 2207 and IC2163 and the Cartwheel
galaxy(no Google needed). It still can be found. Your problem is you
jump before you think. I am not a parrot that has to run to Google.
Chances are I know the answer or can think of an answer . I like
to discuss all that is known. I like to express my own ideas. That is
the reason I am in these discussion groups. I like to add some thing,and
receive some thing. I like criticism but not when it starts with an
attack. Bert

Getting back to your original queston,

In article ,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

What if a galaxy spinning has to be taken into consideration as to it
moving in our direction or away from us?

I'd just say that a galaxy's spin *has* to be taken into consideration
when thinking about colliding galaxies. It's obvious; otherwise any
gravity-directed simulation would fail.

If two galaxies are not in collision, the spin of a distant galaxy has
minimal effect on another. Unless, of course, you can come up with some
mechanism that no one else has tough of.

Old August 16th 08, 03:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Spin can equal gravity. Bert

Old August 16th 08, 05:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 16, 7:17*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Spin can equal gravity. Bert

Spin does equal gravity, as otherwise planets, moons and stars
wouldn't exist, not to mention atoms.

I believe photons have spin.

Black holes seem to have spin.

What doesn't have spin?

~ BG

Spin Is In Double-A[_1_] Misc 1 June 13th 07 01:42 PM
The power of Spin G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 48 September 26th 05 06:33 PM
spin direction Val Misc 13 April 4th 05 01:54 PM
spin direction bla Misc 8 March 23rd 05 07:05 AM
Spin Spud UK Astronomy 1 May 23rd 04 10:47 AM