One Way Manned Mission to Mars.

Old March 13th 08, 01:18 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default One Way Manned Mission to Mars.

Follow along and contribute your ideas with NASA's One-way Manned
Mission to Mars!

http://1way2mars.blogspot.com/

Old March 13th 08, 03:22 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Mar 12, 5:18 pm, wrote:
Follow along and contribute your ideas with NASA's One-way Manned
Mission to Mars!

http://1way2mars.blogspot.com/

Can we pay something extra to send Dick Cheney and GW Bush to Mars?
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 13th 08, 07:42 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
eyeball

On Mar 12, 10:22*pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:18 pm, wrote:

Follow along and contribute your ideas with NASA's One-way Manned
Mission to Mars!

http://1way2mars.blogspot.com/

Can we pay something extra to send Dick Cheney and GW Bush to Mars?
. - Brad Guth

Can we send some of our own newsgroup heroes for free?

Old March 13th 08, 08:47 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Mar 12, 5:18 pm, wrote:

Follow along and contribute your ideas with NASA's One-way Manned
Mission to Mars!

http://1way2mars.blogspot.com/

Can we pay something extra to send Dick Cheney and GW Bush to Mars?
. - Brad Guth

Can we send some of our own newsgroup heroes for free?

"Newsgroup hero". I love it!
Old March 13th 08, 10:46 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
northerntechie

On Mar 12, 6:18 pm, wrote:
Follow along and contribute your ideas with NASA's One-way Manned
Mission to Mars!

http://1way2mars.blogspot.com/

I heard on the radio that a commentator likened the one-way manned
trip to Mars to the historical explorers portrayed in the history
books. The point made was that the ancient explorers would set out
with no expectation of return.

Hogwash, they knew they would return, or at least they expected to
return. They had this small glimmer of hope that they would return
with a boon to society -- the whole point was to return to their
country of origin to reap the benefits of the adventure. If one set
out to go on an adventure with no expectations of returning, then that
person was probably depressed or suicidal due to an uncommitted lover
(even then it may be argued that the adventurer had set out for the
attention).

Consider the hopelessness a person would feel traveling towards Mars
with no hope of return. This feeling of hopelessness is counter to
our deepest emotional needs.

Should not our quest for space exploration be based upon that
universal human emotion - Hope? The unscientific purpose for
extraordinary exploration is for the benefit of those of us back here
on Earth. Hope and confidence in the future is a tangible and
beneficial outlook to have.

In complex systems, intuition carries similar weight as scientific
processes. We should allow for 'intuitive' insight into policy
decisions, even if the scientific data is persuasive.

If we can't make the Mars trip a return trip then we practice a well
honed, yet often forgotten, skill of patience.

Todd Saharchuk, AScT.
Old March 14th 08, 04:14 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
bob haller safety advocate

with robotics improving we can send lots of robots at a fraction of
the price, and license the technology back on earth to fund future
space operations.

japan is working on rosie the jetson maid, and well along.

they may not be as good but when a bad day occurs no one dies
Old March 14th 08, 10:53 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Mar 12, 5:18 pm, wrote:

Follow along and contribute your ideas with NASA's One-way Manned
Mission to Mars!

http://1way2mars.blogspot.com/

Can we pay something extra to send Dick Cheney and GW Bush to Mars?
. -BradGuth

Can we send some of our own newsgroup heroes for free?

Your notions of "free" is not an option, not even if it gets rid of a
given pretend-atheist that's more Third Reich than Hitler, as such is
still going to cost up big time to send that mutated butt of DNA on
that one-way ticket to Mars.
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 14th 08, 01:11 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Mar 13, 8:14 pm, bob haller safety advocate
wrote:
with robotics improving we can send lots of robots at a fraction of
the price, and license the technology back on earth to fund future
space operations.

japan is working on rosie the jetson maid, and well along.

they may not be as good but when a bad day occurs no one dies

I 100% agree, that robotics in space and for the vast bulk of doing
our future explorations of planets and moons known to be lethal to our
frail DNA is the one and only alternative, especially since most other
planets and moons are without any local resource of energy, is what
sort of makes the likes of Mars pathetic.

Robotics are simply not going to cost us 1% of whatever sending humans
along with sufficient survival technology and a return flight to
boot .
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 14th 08, 05:18 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
American

wrote:

with robotics improving we can send lots of robots at a fraction of
the price, and license the technology back on earth to fund future
space operations.

japan is working on rosie the jetson maid, and well along.

they may not be as good but when a bad day occurs no one dies

I 100% agree, that robotics in space and for the vast bulk of doing
our future explorations of planets and moons known to be lethal to our
frail DNA is the one and only alternative, especially since most other
planets and moons are without any local resource of energy, is what
sort of makes the likes of Mars pathetic.

Robotics are simply not going to cost us 1% of whatever sending humans
along with sufficient survival technology and a return flight to
boot .
. - Brad Guth

All addicted and derelict gamers must be banished to Mars, where the
barren landscape will offer them the peace and quiet they longed for
while wasting their days on earth.

Since "gamers" were of no use earthbound, they must forever relinquish
their rights as "free thinkers" and become programmed in the world of
the virtual hologram.

Each passenger will recieve a one-way ticket for the project "Martian
Videodrome" to be located 1 kilometer from the North Polar Ice Cap.
Each Videodrome comes equipped with a mini-nuclear generator, capable
of providing up to 100MW of continuous energy, for heat and electrical
needs.

Instructions for connecting the modules, power supply, one year food
and water filtration system, seedling biosphere, instrumentation,
farming tools, oxygenator, and various goat, chicken, calf, and pig
fetuses (held in suspension) will be provided for future nourishment.

There will also be a one billion GB hard drive available to supplement
a multi-player 360 holo-X elite gaming system w/Emotive(c) headset.
http://www.emotiv.com

American
Old March 14th 08, 05:53 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

wrote:

[...]

It seems we already have that spendy 2048 CPU supercomputer on lone to
NASA, and since its doing us absolutely no damn good whatsoever here
on Earth, as such we'll just give that one away for this one-way Mars
or bust mission, in order that their "multi-player 360 holo-X elite
gaming system w/Emotive(c) headset" kicks serious monster butt in real
time. We could even include an IV drip of pure heroin for each
player, because who the hell cares if they get addicted or not (isn't
being brain dead the next best thing as actually being dead?).
.. - Brad Guth