New CBS TV Series Making Nuclear War Thinkable And Great Fun For Everyone

Old December 8th 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default New CBS TV Series Making Nuclear War Thinkable And Great Fun For Everyone

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "brique" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote in message
: : .. .
: : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : :
: : : :In article ,
: : : : Mark Nobles wrote:
: : : :
: : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : In article ,
: : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : :
: : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :In article ,
: : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : : :Okay. Make me.
: : : : :
: : : : : I see. You're just a hypocrite. It wouldn't be 'proper' to just skip
: : : : : you, so by your own argument above you HAVE to leave.
: : : : :
: : : : :No, I'm just tired of the back-and-forth with someone who doesn't make
: : : : :any sense.
: : : :
: : : : Then you should stop talking to yourself...
: : : :
: : : : Unless you're me, even *that* doesn't make any sense, chief. See what I
: : : : mean? Way to prove my point for me.
: : : :
: : : : This might be a good case to write up for a psych journal. The guy is
: : : : so psychotic he thinks that _he_ is a voice in _your_ head.
: : : :
: : : :heh Good one.
: : :
: : : Yeah, if you're an idiot. You two should work on your reading
: : : comprehension skills.
: : :
: : :Which tends to be the conclusion that Fred reaches in all his threads.....
: :
: : Not all of them. Only the ones with idiots.
: :
: : :Um..... maybe its his writing skills that need polishing, then all these
: : :folk wouldn't be having so much trouble comprehending it all the time.....
: :
: : You mean 'all those idiots'...
: :
: :Yep, the box marked "gets along well with others" is always checked
: :'no' when it comes to Freddy.
:
: You misspelled 'idiots' as 'o-t-h-e-r-s', you idiot...
:
:No, you seem to think everyone is inferior to you. You need anger
:management and counseling for starters.

Not everyone. But certainly you.

:Has anyone ever issued a restraining order against you?

Has anyone ever asked a judge to declare you incompetent to manage
your own affairs?

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
Old December 8th 06, 02:50 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Rand Simberg wrote:
: : : : On 30 Nov 2006 11:34:32 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
: : : : made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
: : : : a way as to indicate that:
: : : :
: : : :
: : : : Rand Simberg wrote:
: : : : On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:06:52 -0500, in a place far, far away, Sean
: : : : O'Hara made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: : : : such a way as to indicate that:
: : : :
: : : : In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Eric Chomko declared:
: : : :
: : : : None of which is relevant to the fact that you expect from others what
: : : : you yourself have no intention of giving. Makes you sort of an "Ugly
: : : : American" in that sense.
: : : :
: : : :
: : : : Psst! The ugly American was the hero of the novel.
: : : :
: : : : In case it wasn't already obvious, Eric is an idiot.
: : : :
: : : : Must be so obviously that you continue the need to mention it...
: : : :
: : : : He might be new around here. It is obvious to long-time readers.
: : : :
: : : :But not enough for you to get the votes you needed to killfile me.
: : :
: : : Eric thinks it takes a vote?
: : :
: : : Eric, Mother Nature made you an idiot. It doesn't take a vote for us
: : : to notice.
: : :
: : :Yet it is you that is in the service doing a civilian's job for half
: : :the pay.
: :
: : What colour is the sky on whatever planet your version if 'reality' is
: : on, Eric?
: :
: : Hint: I'm not in the service. Where do you get these preposterous
: : ideas?
: :
: :There, there, Fred...
:
: You said something stupidly incorrect and now YOU tell ME "there,
: there"?
:
:Fred, about 99% of the resposnes to your posts really should be "there,
:there".

From you, certainly. It is, after all, about the deepest
understanding you can manage.

:
: You exceed even my expectation of the magnitude of the stupidity of
: which you are capable, El Chimpo.
:
:Good, just as long as it ****es you off...

Poor El Chimpo. He still stupidly thinks he actually matters enough
to '**** off' people.

snicker

: :
: : Once again, Eric's ignorance overwhelms everything.
: :
: :Well you never did say what you do.
:
: Yeah, I've kept it a huge secret, all right.
:
: Would anyone who can actually read care to tell El Chimpo what I do?
:
:So it is so important that another has to introduce you? Wow!

No, dear boy. It's just not any big secret. You being so stupid as
to not get it AND think I'm in the service is merely a demonstration
of just how intellectually challenged you are.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old December 8th 06, 02:01 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Dan Clore

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:52:50 -0500, in a place far, far away, Sean
O'Hara made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

But that's irrelevant. Even if the US had abolished hanging, that
wouldn't mean it was uncivilized. We don't use chamber pots anymore
either, but that doesn't mean chamber pots were uncivilized. We
don't have full-service gas stations, but that doesn't mean
self-serve is more civilized.

They still do in Oregon, AFAIK. Last time I checked, it was illegal
to pump your own there.

Correct. A few years ago there was a ballot measure to
legalize self-serve, but it failed.

--
Dan Clore

http://amazon.com/o/ASIN/1587154838/...edanclorenecro
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://www.geocities.com/clorebeast/

Old December 8th 06, 02:57 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
David McMillan

brique wrote:
David McMillan wrote in message

It's not your keyboard, it's your Newsreader client. Microsoft Outlook
and other low-end/non-compliant ones don't append XML language.body
tags to your posts, which forces posters into exercising greater
linguistic literality to compensate for the reduced bandwidth.
"Up to scratch" has the advantage of not appearing self-contradictory
in contextless print, though, so you probably don't have to worry so
much about that one.
Still, a bit of additional work should get you past your newsreader's
limitations. For example, "I should care? It's not my Constitution"
would have conveyed your intended meaning *and* intonation (at least, to
people who've heard it before, even if it's not the first thing they
think of) clearly, even without body.language tags.

Right, so it's Bill Gates fault.. again?

Isn't everything?

Old December 8th 06, 05:59 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
:
: :On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:32:17 GMT, h (Rand
: :Simberg) wrote:
: :
: :On 6 Dec 2006 11:27:55 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
: made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
: :a way as to indicate that:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: :
: : Hanging is still one of several methods of execution in Delaware, New
: : Hampshire, and Washington. Note that there are still a couple that
: : offer firing squad as an alternative, too.
: :
: :Actually, hanging is no longer an option in Delaware, ...
:
: Actually, hanging is still an option even today if the offense (not
: the trial, conviction, or sentencing) occurred before 6/13/86.
:
: :... as of a few
: :years ago, and only Utah offers firing squads.
:
: Nope. Idaho and Oklahoma (if lethal injection and electrocution are
: held to be unconstitutional) both allow firing squads. Utah has
: eliminated firing squads as a choice, so it can only be used in
: executions where it was selected prior to that abolition.
:
: : Once again, Eric's ignorant alligator mouth overwhelms his
: : hummingbird-brained ass...
: :
: :When Fred, when? Now answer the question or remain silent.
: :
: :1996.
: :
: :When was the
: :last time anyone was hanged in the US as a form of capital punishment?
: :
: :1996.
: :
: :Two other people have already answered that question, you idiot.
: :
: :Apparently he only reads posts by people he already knows he disagrees
: :with.
:
: No, he's just too stupid to absorb data that doesn't fit in with what
: he already thinks he knows.
:
:Actually, it's only important that you believe that.

Then you've been successful. You have indeed convinced me that you
are just too stupid to absorb data that doesn't fit in with what you
already thinks you know.

Congratulations.

Freddy, you have many buttons that are easy to push...

-- Thomas Jefferson

Old December 8th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 7 Dec 2006 13:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Jordan"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

Eric Chomko wrote:
Rand Simberg wrote:

You have to up put with all sorts of nonsense if you don't killfill
Eric. Almost every time he posts, he reminds me of that line from
Ruthless People: "This could very well be the stupidest person on the
face of the earth. Maybe we should shoot him."

Is that a threat?

You see here we are having fun on the net and Rand thinks joking about
shooting someone is cute.

In context, that is obviously _not_ a threat, nor is he advocating
shooting you.

Not to mention that he thinks "having fun on the net" consists of
accusing people of being frauds, and liars, and spewing non-sequiturs
and asking idiotic complex questions non-stop that insult everyone's
intelligence.

No, Rand, only yours, little there is...

Oh, you forgot to add "wannabe" to your list, as that is first and
foremost for you.

Eric

Old December 8th 06, 06:05 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : : Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

From you, certainly. It is, after all, about the deepest
[...]

Fred, there is nothing on Google that would indicate that you do
anything other than post on the Internet. Perhaps you write RFCs?

Eric

-- Thomas Jefferson

Old December 8th 06, 06:11 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "brique" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote in message
: : .. .
: : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : :
: : : :In article ,
: : : : Mark Nobles wrote:
: : : :
: : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : In article ,
: : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : :
: : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :In article ,
: : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : : :Okay. Make me.
: : : : :
[...]

Nope, never. I do quite well actually. I certainly don't foster a need
to feel superior to everybody else as you do. And those delusions of
grandeur seem oddly misplaced on you.

Freddy, deep down inside you get that I have something you need. That
is why you continue to repsond. Now if you were more open about that
then you might actually get it. And before you go off with some lame,
"you're not my type" BS, ask yourself why you continue to respond to
me. Why, Freddy?

Eric

Old December 8th 06, 10:17 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
: :
: : :On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:32:17 GMT, h (Rand
: : :Simberg) wrote:
: : :
: : :On 6 Dec 2006 11:27:55 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
: : made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
: : :a way as to indicate that:
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : :
[...]

El Chimpo, you have many fingers and they're all up your nose...

territory."
--G. Behn
Old December 8th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : : Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]
: From you, certainly. It is, after all, about the deepest
[...]

Keep looking, El Chimpo. I've certainly made no effort to be
secretive about it...

-- Thomas Jefferson