Art Bell Is Back!

Old September 23rd 03, 12:32 AM
Gimme a Break

Default Art Bell Is Back!

Rudolph_X wrote in news:asqbb.10537$Uv2.2394
@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

Hi there!

The late night radio talk show king, Art Bell, is returning to host the
weekend editions of Coast To Coast AM!

This is a great boon to all amateur astromoners

Don't you mean Kooks & Lunatics?

Old September 23rd 03, 12:42 AM
Orion

You really need to work on your low self-esteem problem...
Clearly, Art Bell back on the radio is a threat to your reality...
Orion

"Gimme a Break" wrote in message
Rudolph_X wrote in news:asqbb.10537$Uv2.2394
@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

Hi there!

The late night radio talk show king, Art Bell, is returning to host the
weekend editions of Coast To Coast AM!

This is a great boon to all amateur astromoners

Don't you mean Kooks & Lunatics?

---

Old September 23rd 03, 01:23 AM
Joe S.

"Orion" wrote in message
You really need to work on your low self-esteem problem...
Clearly, Art Bell back on the radio is a threat to your reality...
Orion

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a harmless
buffoon.

--

----

Joe S.

Old September 23rd 03, 02:01 AM
DrPostman

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:42:47 GMT, "Orion"
wrote:

You really need to work on your low self-esteem problem...
Clearly, Art Bell back on the radio is a threat to your reality...
Orion

How so? When has Bell ever threatened anyone with "reality"?

The man believes that lighting farts can cause spontaneous human
combustion. Bell believes that nuclear testing could be the cause of
the 500 year old + El Nino cycles. Who else would superglue their
lips and then admit it on the air? Get real.

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy
Old September 23rd 03, 04:04 AM
Pete Ritter

Joe S. wrote:

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a
harmless buffoon.

I don't agree that he's harmless. He's got thousands (millions?) believing
in "remote viewing", "shadow people", faces on Mars, etc. He contributes
to the scientific illiteracy of the nation. Buffoon, yes but not harmless
in my opinion.

--
# I prefer GNU/Linux to Windows because
# I prefer self-empowerment to slavery.
Old September 23rd 03, 04:59 AM
Chuck Taylor

The man believes that lighting farts can cause spontaneous human
combustion. Bell believes that nuclear testing could be the cause of
the 500 year old + El Nino cycles. Who else would superglue their
lips and then admit it on the air? Get real.

I'm not sure I'd listen to him and admit it on usenet!

;-)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old September 23rd 03, 05:17 AM
David Nakamoto

Ah N U T S ! ! !

Just when I think it can't get any worse, Columbia disintegrating, JPL
laying off a ton of people, more unmanned space stuff being scaled back, and
now T H I S happens !

Time for the Big Vacation. :-)
Pinprick holes in a colorless sky
Let inspired figures of light pass by
The Mightly Light of ten thousand suns
Challenges infinity, and is soon gone

Old September 23rd 03, 05:19 AM
David Nakamoto

"Joe S." wrote in message
"Orion" wrote in message
You really need to work on your low self-esteem problem...
Clearly, Art Bell back on the radio is a threat to your reality...
Orion

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a

harmless
buffoon.

"Harmless?" When you promote scientific illiteracy like he does, when we
need more people to think rationally if we're going to face the problems of
tomorrow, I don't call that "harmless."

Old September 23rd 03, 05:30 AM
Mac

Art Bell is Back!
************** ********
Why??????
---Mac
Old September 23rd 03, 05:57 AM
Alan W. Craft

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:59:20 -0700, "Chuck Taylor" ...reflected:

The man believes that lighting farts can cause spontaneous human
combustion. Bell believes that nuclear testing could be the cause of
the 500 year old + El Nino cycles. Who else would superglue their
lips and then admit it on the air? Get real.

I'm not sure I'd listen to him and admit it on usenet!

;-)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

I have the perfect device for listening to him: one of the very last
brand-new Sony ICF-2010's in existence, and from when I dabbled
in shortwave several months ago. I've only turned it on two or three
times. Talk about flukes.

But my interest in shortwave was rather...short-lived, and now I'm stuck
with this highly-desirable and collectible Sony shortwave, which I plan
to keep in case the shortwave fever smacks me upside the head
again some day.

Alan