Explanation for unusual sighting

Old August 11th 04, 08:02 PM
Saul Levy

You forgot to tell him to wrap his head AND stick it in the microwave!

Saul Levy

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:04:08 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
. net.cable.rogers.com...
snip
Don't bother asking astronomers for help in understanding UFO's. They
haven't a clue. They always answer that UFO's are either satellites,
meteors, or mistaken airplanes. They *never* say that UFO's exist.

snip

The above may be true, but based on the OP's description, an Iridium Flare
is a very likely answer, as the OP's description accurately describes such a
flare. It is however possible that the OP saw the Higher Intelligence flying
overhead looking to drop off my aluminum foil with which you can wrap your
head.

BV.

Old August 11th 04, 10:11 PM
Mad Scientist

You no doubt.

Saul Levy wrote:
Ah, Mad, we KNOW who's the biggest loser here.

Saul Levy

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:02:15 GMT, Mad Scientist
wrote:

Saul Levy wrote:

What UFOs? I've been looking at the sky since I was 8 and haven't
seen any. Most astronomers have never seen one. They sure wouldn't
mistake Venus or an Iridium flare for a UFO like all the nut jobs
have. Let's face the fact that their aren't any aliens near Earth
sent here to observe us or, horrors!, save us from ourselves!

I am not sure who is the biggest loser on this newsgroup, you or......

Saul Levy

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:06:56 GMT, Mad Scientist
wrote:

steve sawyer wrote:

Last night (Aug 8) at about 11:30 PST I saw a very unusual thing appearing
to be either crusing by or coming out of an area of space close to the
constellation of Casseopia.

It had the flight characteristics of an orbiting spacecraft except it became
exceptionally bright, something similar to a aircraft's landing lights as
seen from approximately half a mile. This lasted for approximately 5 seconds
after which the light diminished in its intensity. Then the object once
again took on the appearance of a conventional satellite and was visible for
about another 5 seconds before disappearing from view.
The intensity of the light was much much more then the typical shimmering
you see when observing spinning satellites as they reflect sunlight.
Did anybody witness this, or can anybody offer any possible explanations?

Steve

Old August 12th 04, 08:42 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

steve sawyer wrote:

[...]

Ha, ha, just possibly alien visiting Darla and Company returning
from their cosmic research trip. Stick around and you might be able to
ask her/him yourself. Why don't you just get a UFO pocket detector,
think of the time you will save instead of wondering, is it Venus or
Darla?

the nightbat

Old August 12th 04, 10:44 PM
Saul Levy

Read it again, idiot! Anyone who believes in UFOs is an IDIOT!

Saul Levy

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:11:05 GMT, Mad Scientist
wrote:

You no doubt.