New Widescans

Old July 23rd 03, 06:40 AM
Rich McMahon

Default New Widescans

I have both the 13 and 20 and like them very much.. Havent had a
chance to compare them against Uncle Al''s stuff yet. But for the
price there great.

Rich

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:08:35 -0500, David
wrote:

Has anybody observed through the new KK Widescans, the 20mm and the 13mm
ones ?

David

Old July 23rd 03, 01:17 PM
Oldfield So

I've both. Excellent, I would say, considering its
price. Very well made, light, good contrast and
sharpness. No kidney bean nor pincushion distortion
I can see.

The 20mm readily replaces my 20mm and 32mm Plossl.

Oldfield

"David" ??? ???...

Old July 23rd 03, 04:20 PM
Michael McCulloch

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:16:11 -0400, "Dave Schwartz"
wrote:

The eye relief doesn't seem to be quite as good as advertised - the best
position was with my unbespectacled eye almost snugged up to the eyeguard .

Can the rubber eyeguard be folded down so that eyeglass wearers can
place their glasses flush with the top of the EP barrel? Anyone with
eyeglasses with comments on these EPs? Is the eye relief adequate for
those with glasses?

I have a hard time seeing the entire field of the 19mm Panoptic with
my glasses on. It's a hard press right up against the folded-down
rubber guard. I don't really like the EP for that reason. I have too
much astigmatism to observe much with my glasses off.

---
Michael McCulloch
Old July 23rd 03, 08:18 PM
Myriadimage

If you need 20mm ER in a 20-21mm eyepiece the Pentax XL 21mm is the way to go
or get the new Pentax XW 20mm with 70° AFOV and the same 20mm ER.

Joe Ogiba
Old July 24th 03, 12:08 AM
Dave Schwartz

Folding down the eyeguard will get you 5mm, 6 if you remove it entirely.

However, I agree with the other followup - if you can't make good use of the
Pan's 68AFOV then 84 is going to be a waste. It would seem that in most
cases with glasses, eye relief would be more important and the Pentax XL
would be a better choice with its 20MM ER and 65AFOV.

wrote:

The eye relief doesn't seem to be quite as good as advertised - the best
position was with my unbespectacled eye almost snugged up to the eyeguard

..

Old July 24th 03, 10:54 PM
Shneor Sherman

"Stephen Paul" wrote in message ...
"David" wrote in message
Has anybody observed through the new KK Widescans, the 20mm and the 13mm
ones ?

Be sure to ask what scopes.

....And to be more precise, what focal ratios?

Clear skies,
Shneor Sherman