searching user of software STD SWIM ?

Old May 13th 06, 01:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default searching user of software STD SWIM ?

Hi,

I am searching any user of the software STD SWIM for advice and availability
of data for 1986 prior any purchase
http://www.spacew.com/swim/
You can also contact me via my website

Merci.

A+
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

Old May 13th 06, 03:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Thierry wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am searching any user of the software STD SWIM for advice and
availability of data for 1986 prior any purchase
http://www.spacew.com/swim/
You can also contact me via my website

Too late. I purchased it but your feedback is welcome ;-)

NB addressed to all advanced amateurs including radio amateurs, and probably
some scientists.

I was looking for sientific data back to 1986 about the sun and geomagnetic
activities. No easy when there were only 2 polar orbiting satellites aloft
monitoring these fields 1/3 of the time, and when you have to connect to
each individual databank at GSFC/CDAWeb, SPIDR, NGDC, NOAA, SEC, etc to find
any possible info. Even using some propagation software like DXToolbox to
name one, most of the time you access well to online data but there is no
historic online.

Now you can get all these links gathered in a single application : SWIM from
the Solar Terrestrial Dispatch ($150), hence my request.

Still better : if you are interested in the sun, geomagnetic and
ionospheric activities, STD currently sells a special bundle at $120 only
including SWIM, PropLab-Pro 2 (superb simulation tool to study the
propagation) + two older soft Aurora monitor and Swarm (for the sun)
completed with a 600-pages course. You safe over $500 !
Take a look at : http://www.spacew.com/sale.html
I don't know how long this promotion will be available.

Not only SWIM gives you access to about 208 internet resources related to
astronomy (including to APOD !), from both terrestrial and space
observatories (POES, SOHO, ACE, GOES, etc), but also to archives back to
70's and forecasts in the form of graphs, plots, reports and images,
including data about the sea and earthquakes. Too much. Completed with an
excellent course about all that matter (9.8 MB PDF) I think that this bundle
deserve a try...

In addition adds this free tool from OMA to monitor the sun activity : Solar
weather browser
http://sidc.oma.be/SWB/ (most features are in SWIM but not all)

Now, if you have to write or check something about the space weather, you
have all required data for the last 30 years in hands...

Thierry
ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/software.htm