Fall in Gresham

Old November 26th 17, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Fall in Gresham

Steady rain most of the day. Currently 49F as of 2:45 PM here in Gresham, down from 54F earlier this morning. Wind west at 14 mph. Humidity 87%.

The Beavers really embarrassed themselves in the annual Civil War Game yesterday, losing to the Ducks 69 to 10! The 52-7 score at halftime reminded of a high school game I once played in with a similar halftime score. The opposing coach simply came over to our couch and conceded the game! Those Beavers might as well have. Odd to remember that the Beavers actually defeated the Ducks last year in this game. That made the revenge more sweet for the Ducks. This total trouncing of the Beavers might make them eligible for a minor bowl game, the kind that usually plays early in December when no one pays much attention to it.

Double-A

Old November 27th 17, 08:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Some sun through clouds. Rain has let up for a day. Currently 49F as of 12:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind only 3 mph out of the south. Humidity 78%.

The Steelers won by the skin of their teeth last night!

Double-A

Old November 27th 17, 11:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:56:19 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Some sun through clouds. Rain has let up for a day. Currently 49F as of 12:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind only 3 mph out of the south. Humidity 78%..

The Steelers won by the skin of their teeth last night!

Double-A

70 bright Sun as I type.Cool nights so warmer covers.Don'y watch TV so I gave up Sox,and patriots. I'm very depressed because I can't makeout when people talk.I just hear noise.People say I talk to loud.Got two phones and they are of no use.Sandy's gone and she was my hearing aid. TV is more fun when you can hear.TreBert
Old November 28th 17, 10:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 3:19:02 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:56:19 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Some sun through clouds. Rain has let up for a day. Currently 49F as of 12:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind only 3 mph out of the south. Humidity 78%.

The Steelers won by the skin of their teeth last night!

Double-A

70 bright Sun as I type.Cool nights so warmer covers.Don'y watch TV so I gave up Sox,and patriots. I'm very depressed because I can't makeout when people talk.I just hear noise.People say I talk to loud.Got two phones and they are of no use.Sandy's gone and she was my hearing aid. TV is more fun when you can hear.TreBert

I thought you were going to get that operation for your ears? Didn't Medicare approve it? Well at least you can see the TV screen. They flash the scores quite open, so you should be able to easily follow the progress of a game.

Raining here all day. Wish I could send you some of it. Should slack off as evening comes. Temp here now only 44F as of 2:30 PM. Humidity 91%. Wind south at 6 mph.

Double-A

Old November 28th 17, 10:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 3:19:02 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:56:19 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Some sun through clouds. Rain has let up for a day. Currently 49F as of 12:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind only 3 mph out of the south. Humidity 78%.

The Steelers won by the skin of their teeth last night!

Double-A

70 bright Sun as I type.Cool nights so warmer covers.Don'y watch TV so I gave up Sox,and patriots. I'm very depressed because I can't makeout when people talk.I just hear noise.People say I talk to loud.Got two phones and they are of no use.Sandy's gone and she was my hearing aid. TV is more fun when you can hear.TreBert

Sunny and 81. Very cool nights.This is desert country from the mountains to the sea.Lots of fine and palms.I think the King Palms came from Hawaii.Van has a low tire,and I put in a can of flat fix I hope it works???Tire is bran new.TreBert
Old November 30th 17, 09:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 2:37:59 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

If the tire is brand new, there is usually a warranty.

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday. Was a nice sunny day. Today the drizzle is back. 44F as of 1:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind 7 mph out of the east. Humidity 87%.

The usual crown here at the library.

The Beavers have hired a new football coach:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/in..._smith_in.html

A former Beaver quarterback, he was there during the Dennis Erickson era, the one time the Beavers were really good. Hopefully as a student of Erickson, he learned his winning ways! He has lately been a offensive coordinator for the Washington Huskies, who haven't been doing too shabby!

The Ducks are still waiting for an invitation to the Cactus Bowl in Arizona..

Double-A

Old November 30th 17, 11:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 1:44:50 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

High 71 low 50.Just made a compress veggy fry to go with chicken fingers.Base is MSP spice is cinnamon.All is eaten when dipped in honey.Older you get veggies are a must.I like to cook.Like to fry.However I use a micro wave.Less mess and fast.Spice it up and your a chef.TreBert
Old December 1st 17, 03:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Thomas[_7_]

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:21:44 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
High 71 low 50.Just made a compress veggy fry to go with chicken fingers..Base is MSP spice is cinnamon.All is eaten when dipped in honey.Older you get veggies are a must.I like to cook.Like to fry.However I use a micro wave.Less mess and fast.Spice it up and your a chef.TreBert

Time to change to Winter....
Old December 1st 17, 07:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 3:21:44 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

I have always liked veggies. Plan to stop ap Discount Plus on my way home to buy som tomatoes and lettuce. I make sandwiches with them. Add some protein such as tuna or mackerel or eggs or cheese, and the meal is complete. Or I boil beets or turnips or carrots or squash with potatoes. I buy nuts for the squirrels, but end up eating a lot of them myself.

Temp 47 as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Nice calm day. Wind only 5 mph out of the south. Overcast but no rain. Humidity 84%.

Double-A

Old December 1st 17, 11:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 11:44:43 AM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

71 low of 49 Sunnybut a cooling off is on the way.Start wearing T shirts and long sleeve.No more shorts. I feed the birds pop corn.I see only pigens
at the parking lot.I had beef stew.Its more like Mullegin stew of the 30s I add dice MSP in+green peppers+onions.Trebert

Summer in Gresham Double-A[_4_] Misc 165 September 30th 17 09:33 PM
Summer in Gresham hanson Misc 0 August 31st 17 02:10 AM
Sheriff's Sergeant Gets Drunk and Goes on Killing Spree in the OldM&M Restaurant and Longe in Gresham OR! (I remember it well) Double-A[_3_] Misc 0 March 18th 10 09:20 PM
Why do earth not Fall on Sun? G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 0 April 28th 08 12:23 PM
The Fall. TOPposter. Amateur Astronomy 0 September 24th 07 09:31 AM