An article on ISS truss construction

Old August 4th 04, 09:06 PM
Andrew Gray

Default An article on ISS truss construction

It's a little old, but I ran across this last night:

http://www.pubs.asce.org/ceonline/0400feat.html

An article from Civil Engineering Magazine, April 2000, on the truss
segments as seen from an engineering perspective. Quite interesting, to
me at least.

--
-Andrew Gray

Old August 12th 04, 06:07 AM
Jim Kingdon

http://www.pubs.asce.org/ceonline/0400feat.html
An article from Civil Engineering Magazine, April 2000, on the truss
segments as seen from an engineering perspective.

Nice article. It starts out with the overall station program summary
(e.g. started with more on-orbit assembly, went towards modules with
more hardware integrated on the ground), which should be familiar to
many of the people on this group.

But then it proceeds to talk more about some of the truss issues.

Not really an in depth article, but it has some good tidbits about
various things. I especially liked the part about design lifetime.
Old August 12th 04, 06:34 PM
dave schneider

Jim Kingdon wrote in message ...
http://www.pubs.asce.org/ceonline/0400feat.html
An article from Civil Engineering Magazine, April 2000, on the truss
segments as seen from an engineering perspective.

Nice article. It starts out with the overall station program summary
(e.g. started with more on-orbit assembly, went towards modules with
more hardware integrated on the ground), which should be familiar to
many of the people on this group.

But then it proceeds to talk more about some of the truss issues.

Not really an in depth article, but it has some good tidbits about
various things. I especially liked the part about design lifetime.

I enjoyed the article as well, but I hope that we'll get to look at a
followup someday where they compare the predicted and measured

/dps
Old August 21st 04, 03:54 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Andrew Gray" wrote in message
. ..
An article from Civil Engineering Magazine, April 2000, on the truss
segments as seen from an engineering perspective. Quite interesting, to
me at least.

Are we that boring? I found it interesting as well. I just read a history of
a local lumber yard. Having sold lumber at one time, it was interesting to
see how the technology changed.

I don't care what Brett Hutchens says- PC+2 burns *are* interesting.